Problem in loyalty points issued in LS Retail

NRNR Member Posts: 78
Hi Guys,

There s a very typical problem I ve encountered while issuing loyalty points and redemption in LS Retail.

Loyalty points are issued whenever a certain limit (amt,qty) is acheived in a sale transaction.
The problem is faced while redeeming these loyalty points as the redeemed points are considered to be as issued also.

For eg.
Loyalty points 500 (where 1 point is 1 dollar) - issued in one transaction to customer A.
When customer A comes back for loyalty redemption, he buys goods worth $700. Now the points to be issued IDEALLY should be 200 ($700 - $500) as 500 points are being redeemed against the payment of $700 that is to be made.
But surprisingly , system issues another 700 points (which seems incorrect) and redeems 500 points (which is logically valid).

Has anybody come across any such situation or if any inputs, kindly share.....

Thanks in advance

Comments

• grigri Member Posts: 87
    hi
    usually, you issue loyalty points because the customer bought something, not because he pays what he buys.
    if you look from this point of view, the behaviour of the add-on has a lot of sense.
    first time he bought something 500 dollars worth and he got 500 dollars worth of points, second time he buys 700 dollars worth and it is reasonable to receive the corresponding amount of loyalty points.

if you would ask me, i would place a big question mark on the ratio between the loyalty points and the dollars, rather than on the way ls retail works. but this is just something that it should be agreed with the customer.
    hope this helps, let me know