Components

hefohefo Member Posts: 13
Hi can anybody help me with this problem?
I put on the Form two Components for example Button and Label and I wont change the Caption of the Label when I Onclick on the Button.
This is only for example I wont know how I can change properties of Components witch I don't see in "Symbol Menu" (when you press F5 in Objects Designer).
If it is possible how?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You can't change it if you don't see it in the symbol menu. Makes it tough sometimes. If you are trying to do a label that changes I've always had to make it a text box instead of a label.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or you can add two labels and make visible just the one you need to see (they will overlap each other...) by code...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    You have to give a name to your label (in the properties, in place of numeric code given by default). Then you can see it in the symbol menu.
  • hefohefo Member Posts: 13
    kine wrote:
    Or you can add two labels and make visible just the one you need to see (they will overlap each other...) by code...

This is possible but unpractical if you heave 100 Labels or moor :)
  • ivo.sabioncelloivo.sabioncello Member Posts: 7
    You can use two different frames and switch between them. Set ShowCaption and Border properties to No to hide the frames from user.
  • hefohefo Member Posts: 13
    HalMdy wrote:
    You have to give a name to your label (in the properties, in place of numeric code given by default). Then you can see it in the symbol menu.
    Yes but you still see only few properties (XPOS, YPOS, HEIGTH, WIDTH, VISIBLE) and that all and what with the rest properties if I wont change OnRun like in Delphi or else programing language where it is possible.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You have just small set of properties accessible though C/AL code. WHat you do not see in code menu, you cannot use in your code. NAV is not Delphi. You must use just what you have.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.