Create New Warehouse Location

Debbie140Debbie140 Member Posts: 52
I have a problem where creating a warehouse shipment results in no lines being created.

The client has several locations set up and they have been using location 1 to create warehouse shipments previosuly. They have now created an order from location 2 and the create warehouse shipment function does nothing.

When I open the shipment card and drill down on the Location, the Locations with warehouse list opens and only shows location 1. How do I get location 2 to show in here.

I have found the Create New Warehouse batch job. When i try to run it, it asks for an adjustment bin. The client is not using bins and location 1 does not have an adjustment bin, so I am wondering how location 1 got to be a Warehouse Location in the first place.

As you can probably tell I wasn't around when the system was set up.

The client has had modifications done to this area of the system but I have spent quite some time looking through this and I am also trying to rule this out as a cause. I can't see anything in the mods that would cause this.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Debra

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    In location card you can simply create a new record.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Debbie140Debbie140 Member Posts: 52
    Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that any new locations created do not then display in the 'Locations with warehouse list' form. This form is the lookup for warehouse shipment header location code field.

Only one location displays here (an existing one). I am assuming that the inability to create a warehouse shipment for a location from an order is the same reason the location does not show here, but it is just an assumption.

I guess the question could be rephrased as why do some locations show in the'Locations with warehouse list' form and not others.

Like I said this area has had modification so I might be going down the wrong path entirley.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi

Probably 2 places to check.

i) Is the warehouse correctly setup as a warehouse with the right fields selected on the warehouse tab.

I am going to assume yes, so I guess it is this one:

ii) Go to Administration - Application Setup - Warehouse - Setup Warehouse - Employees. This tells you each warehouse the employee can see. If you only had one warehouse then this would be set in the location code field, create a new line for the user you are using, add in the second warehouse and then see if you can see it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Debbie140Debbie140 Member Posts: 52
    Thanks very much. The second point was the one. The location shows up in the Locations with Warehouse List and I can create a warehouse shipment from the order.

The warehouse shipment creates with location 1 not the one that was on the order but I suspect that is actually to do with the modifications. I think it may be hardcoded somewhere. I presume that when there are no modifications the location is taken form the order?

I'm much further on than I was though. :)
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Hi Debbie

Yes as standard the shipment is created at the location on the line of the sales order, so you are probably correct it is to do with the modification.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen