Item Variant flowfilter lookup (via table relation)

ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
Hello all,

I encounter a strange problem, can anyone try this simple thing?

* Go to an item card that has variants, or create some variants.
* Then open the flow filters window and try to select a value in the Variant Filter by lookup.
* Look at the filters that has been set on that lookup form. It should set a filter in the Item No. field (in the lookup form) but in my case it sets ''.

Can anyone see if it happens too?
I used 3.70.A, 4.1, 4.2 and 4.3.

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is correct. When you are setting the filters, "actual" record is not initialized on the "filter form". And because on the field is tablerelation ""Item Variant".Code WHERE (Item No.=FIELD(No.))" and No. = '', the lookup is filtered to empty value. Filter form is not based on actual record from the opened form... (you are setting filters for all existing records, not just for the one you selected...)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    ](*,)

I thought so... Thanks kine...

Correct me if I am wrong but that way we have some "useless" flow filters that can be used properly through code and reports...
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is not "useless". It is just "by design", when you have pseudo-field (it means value for one record is different for another record) with filter meaning (same value for all records). Because it is field, you can set TableRelation based on current record, but because it is filter, in time of setting this filter the record is not initialized... 8)

You know - it is like Photon - it is particle and it is wave-like... :wink:

Yes, for user it is very strange behaviour, but it is very easy to use in code...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Thanks for your effort Kine...

(I would love a Photon gun right now... :evil:)