GL Adjustment

jsu85jsu85 Member Posts: 10
Hie,

I'd like to ask if any of you know if it is possible to do future GL adjustment through Navision? Do they have such function? Any idea where I can find it?

Sorry for the trouble. I'm very new to navision. Your help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

jsu85

Comments

• diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    jsu85 wrote:
    Hie,

I'd like to ask if any of you know if it is possible to do future GL adjustment through Navision? Do they have such function? Any idea where I can find it?

Sorry for the trouble. I'm very new to navision. Your help would be highly appreciated.
    Thank you.

jsu85

Can you please clarify more by giving some scenario about Future GL adjustment :?:
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • jsu85jsu85 Member Posts: 10
    Erm, for dont know how to explain.. but as in what if for instance. its now June and this year itself we have GL. Is it possible to make adjustment for next year GL despite this year hasnt end?

I'm bad in accounting.
  • flfl Member Posts: 184
    You can make adjustements in the future (just place posting date in GL general journal on that day.

But what's the reason you should make adjustments to G/L ledgers in the future. Why would you need to adjust a G/L for next year ? Did you already post on that G/L with a future date ? Otherwise, you don't need to adjust.
    Francois
    Consultant-Developper

http://www.CreaChain.com
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi,

Before making a posting on the future date do ensure that the GL setup also includes this dates and the user has enough rights to post beyond the current date.

But I am not able to figure out why do you need to make a future adjustment in the GL:roll:
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    jsu85 wrote:
    Hie,

Thank you.

jsu85

Yes, there is.

It's called Recurring Journals. Basically, you put your entries on the journal with a future posting date, then when the date comes, go to the journal and post it. :mrgreen:
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    This has something to do with closing the current fiscal year.
    The current year cannot be closed until audits have been performed, but transactions still happen & must still be entered for the next fiscal year.

I might be wrong though...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • ecclecticecclectic Member Posts: 176
    idiot wrote:
    This has something to do with closing the current fiscal year.
    The current year cannot be closed until audits have been performed, but transactions still happen & must still be entered for the next fiscal year.

I might be wrong though...

just create ur next fiscal yr and post ur transactions. no problem handling that in navision
  • jsu85jsu85 Member Posts: 10
    Thank you everyone. Most of your answers are very precise. Thanks for your assistance.