Prblm while posting the calculated stmt in LS Retail

gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
Hello all,

The following error is being displayed at the time of posting the calculated statement from the open statement window.

"Gen. Posting Type must not be in Gen. Journal Line Journal Template Name='',Journal Batch Name='',Line No='0'."

To avoid this error I have just removed the Gen. Product posting group on the relavent account cards used for posting the calcuated statement and all other posting groups( gen. business, vat business, vat product) being empty on the account cards.

Then I received an inconsistency error saying

"The transaction cannot be completed because it will cause inconsistensies in the g/l entry table.....This prevents data being updated incorrectly" and the statement was not getting posted.

Now to remove this error I have just commented the CONSISTENT function in the codeunit 12 Gen. Jnl.-Post Line. Now the statement is getting posting successfully without any errors.

BUT MY QUESTION IS DO WE GET ANY PROBLEMS BY COMMETTING THE "CONSISTENT" FUNCTION, BECAUSE I REALLY COULDNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ACTULLY THE COSISTENT FUNCTION DO. AND WHEN WILL BE THE POSTING GROUPS MANDOTORY ON THE ACCOUNT CARDS.

Heartiful regards if anyone could suggest any lines on my query..

Thanks in advance to everyone....
Dilip
Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.

Answers

• NRNR Member Posts: 78
    Commenting the CONSITENT function can be disaster. This should never be done in a Live environment.

Coming to your problem, I believe you have not specified the "Store Gen. Bus. Post. Group" on the store card.
    Just in case you have specified and still it flashes the error, then check in for the combination of Gen. Bus. Posting Group on the store card and the Gen. Prod. Posting Group of the Item for which the sales entries are being posted.
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Hi,

Talking about the consistency function and what it does, in simple terms..I it checks the amount that you are passing to the GL with the balancing amounts that you are posting in other tables such as the CLE,VLE etc.
    Commenting the CONSITENT function can be disaster

It is never 'CAN be a disaster' but it is always a disaster, so never do it and don't event think of it. [-X
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • gdkve9gdkve9 Member Posts: 161
    Thanks for Ur comments...

I cud resolve the issue and the problem was with the difference account on the tender type. And fine that you have told about the CONSISTENT function sothat I maynot play with the CONSISTENT Function in future.

Regards my dear pals...
    Dilip
    Falling down is not a defeat..defeat is when you refuse to get up.