Item Maintenance card / Item Card "New Field"

j.belangerj.belanger Member Posts: 32
I am trying to add a new checkbox field under the item maintenance card which should also display in the item card. I created the fields with the same control numbers on both tables, added the sourceexpr to the Global C/AL list and compiled. Problem is when i place a check in the new box, it does not stay there, nor does it show up in the item card as it should. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    your making a change ("check box") in this item maintenance card & you want it to update the item card..correct?

this item maintenance card is based on what table?

if it's two diff tables , simply giving it the same number & name isn't going to link them.
  • j.belangerj.belanger Member Posts: 32
    Item table it looks like it is the one i want. What is the best way to find out if there is more than one table involved? and how do i go about doing what i want to do? The item maintenance card and item card are the same thing, but the Item Card cannot be edited unless you go to the Item Maintenance card.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Add the field to the Item table, open the form you need to add it to in design mode, open the field list, find the new field, highlight it, drop it onto the form.
    Thank you. I actually figured out how to do it, but your way is much easier than i used. Thank you very much....
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    You probably put a text box onto the form and manually assigned the field to it. That might be a blessing in disguise for you, because now you know how to make that work too :mrgreen:
    That's exactly what i did too. added the checkbox, then the Label box, assigned everything that needed to be assigned and it still didn't work. I went through existing boxes like the one i was creating and couldn't find any problems. The error msg that kept coming up was telling me to create a C/AL global Symbol which didn't make any sense to me, so i created one and it worked to a point but not like it should. Than i realized an item in the table had to be created and that fixed the problem. I don't mind learning new things, but Navision programming sucks. hahahaha
    Thanks for your help and comments.. Much appreciated
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    you might want to print out the Application Designers Guide located on the product cd.