XML Stylesheets

kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
Hi,

Is anyone have a suggestion for a good Style Sheet Editor besides Visual Studio?
Dynamics Rules!

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It seems that we all are waiting for such a tool... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BromannBromann Member Posts: 10
    Ah, ok, released... we can celebrate.... :-) It is so EASY to do that... Now we need that for excel too... 8) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BromannBromann Member Posts: 10
    Are you being sarcastic or do you like it?
    I like it (of course, I have some problems with usage, but I do not know if problem is between keyboard and chair or it is some bug yet...). 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I have been going through the training material using Word 2003.
    I am getting an error message on the item list (page 13 of the user guide)when I try to create the stylesheet:
    The call to member appendChild failed. msxml4.dll returned the following message:
    Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document.

Has anyone else tried this yet?

(The error is occuring in codeunit 680 and the debugger shows it knows it is processing Word 2003)
    I got this error too. But after some time, it worked again. Try to close the NAV and try it again.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jsnayberkjsnayberk Member Posts: 58
    Another thing:
    You should enlarge the local variable "TempOptionString" in Function "SetReleationShipsFilter" of Codeunit 682. Otherwise it will produce a text overflow in cases of long option strings.
    --
    Josef Snayberk
    Exiting and getting back in fixed the problem - thanks - now the only proble is, it did not show the datalink caption in the document header.
    I am not very skilled in Word. I did a view Header and Footer and inserted the merge field Datalink - which looks like it should then print the caption I entered in the option tab - is there anything else I need to do in Word?
    I don´t know if I understand correctly what you are trying to achieve or what you are missing. But if you´re missing your individual caption for the DataLink try to deselect the "Use Sytem generated Caption" field. And, of course, you have to place the DataLink field into the merge document in Word.
    --
    Josef Snayberk
    I am trying to insert the data caption into the document header.
    It appears the style sheet is ignoring the document header.
    If I put the DataLink elsewhere in the document it prints.
    Hmm, no idea. I had no problem with it.
    But I found another problem: After a backup and a restore on a new place my style sheet definition are still there, you can´t use it however. You don´t find it in the Stylesheet List after pressing the Send Optinons Button in the symbol bar. After performing "Update Manage Stylesheets" it appears there but you still can´t use it properly because the field values will not be passed to the Word document. Any idea?
    --
    Josef Snayberk
    Did you try bringing up the Word doc and making a minor change, then going through save and the folloeing steps?
    It sounds like there is some location specific code somewhere.

Are you using Word 2003 or Word 2007?
  • kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
    Anyone succeeded in creating the XML document from within AL code?
    I digged into codeunit 403 but when it s debugged you enter directly with filled up DATAXML vars in function launchapp.

I can imagine that we want to create documents in batch...?

Offcourse we can build our own dataxml var and then use the codeunit 403.
    Dynamics Rules!
  • BlackBirdBlackBird Member Posts: 52
    Has anyone tried to create document in batch? Or does anyone knows how to handle the DataXML-variable in function LaunchApp in cdu 1?
  • gioiahogioiaho Member Posts: 2
    jsnayberk wrote:
    Hmm, no idea. I had no problem with it.
    But I found another problem: After a backup and a restore on a new place my style sheet definition are still there, you can´t use it however. You don´t find it in the Stylesheet List after pressing the Send Optinons Button in the symbol bar. After performing "Update Manage Stylesheets" it appears there but you still can´t use it properly because the field values will not be passed to the Word document. Any idea?

I've this problem as you, but I find out the problem finally, it's because my Regional & Language Options. Seems that the "Convert Mail Merge to Style Sheet" and "Update Manage Style Sheets" function only works when the regional setting is "English"

After I changed the regional seeting, everythings works fine, even below error also solved.

"The call to member appendChild failed. msxml4.dll returned the following message:
    Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. "