deducting invoice discounti n different way

ch.v.srinivasaraoch.v.srinivasarao Member Posts: 14
Hi,

In purchase order we have invoice discount. that depends on total item value.for example:-

item bicycle
quantity 50
total amount 1000( 50*20)
invoice discount 300
after deducting the invoice discount remaining amount 700. on this we caluclate excise, vat, fright, cst,............ ) that may be 700+500=1200,this is actual process.

but in some companies following this procedure of invoice discount.
item bicycle
qty 50
total amount 1000
but they caluclating the excise, vat, fright, cst,.....on total value of 1000. after caluclating structure(excise, vat, cess, freight...) Now the total amount is (item value+structure)1500.Now they deducting the invoice discount 300, then the remaining amount 1200.
deducting this 300 as fright subsidiary charges on total sales invoice amount.(in his case it is invoice discount). it has to update in table and this has to post to chart of accounts.What is the solution. how to do in navision. what code we have to write. where we have to write.Please tell me. This is client requirement.

Here the logic is why they do like this if they caluclating on the basis of second process they can get more excise, cess, vat, cst.........

but the above two procedures they are following. both has to work in navision for that client.

Give the solution.
chengalasettyvsrao

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Look for the field Include Invoice Discount in the structure. This will enable both the transactions.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • ch.v.srinivasaraoch.v.srinivasarao Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

Thanks for u r help.

But whatever u define in structure it will add to item amount. But i want to deduct from total amount.From total amount- invoice discount. this is the procedure.
    I could not understand u r answer. Please explain detail

thanks and regards
    chengalasettyvsrao
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    While defining the Excise line in the structure if you mark tick on the Include Line/Invoice discount it will deduct the amount of discount from the sales amount and then calculate the excise value otherwise it will calculate on the gross sales.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in