Not able to View a dll

ChillsChills Member Posts: 6
Hi ,

I am able to register the dll from Tools->Custom Controls, but when i go to the Navision Codeunit to declare the variable to reference that dll, i can't see the dll in my OCX list. I have also tried registering the dll from command prompt using regsvr32.

Can any body tell me what will be the reason? If i can't view the dll, then what will be my options to access a function of that dll. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Chills

Comments

• fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    Is it a .NET dll-file?
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Chills wrote:
    Hi ,

I am able to register the dll from Tools->Custom Controls, but when i go to the Navision Codeunit to declare the variable to reference that dll, i can't see the dll in my OCX list. I have also tried registering the dll from command prompt using regsvr32.

Can any body tell me what will be the reason? If i can't view the dll, then what will be my options to access a function of that dll. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    Chills

What kind or dll are you trying to use? Is it a (visible) control? (this is not possible) Is it Automation? Is it custom? ... . What is the purpose?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • ChillsChills Member Posts: 6
    Hi Waldo,

Thanks for the reply..

dll has been developed by third party software to access their software. It's not a visible control, it just has one funciton which takes a string parameter and returns a string. Purpose of the dll function is to send the Sales Order information to the third party software. When user releases the Sales Order, we need to send the information from navision to the third party software. Third party software takes care the distribution (logistics) of the products.

If i can't access the dll from navision, what are my other options? Please suggest me other options..

Thanks
    Chills
    It's not a .net dll. Dll was developed in Power Builder COM Objects. Please suggest me some options to access the functions of the dll.

Thanks
    Chills
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Did you register the dll ("regsvr32")?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
    Yes. I did it. When i register the control, i am not gettin any error message. I am able to register it from Navision too..
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    i remembered in some nav objects, some components (possibly office components) don't seem in automation list in my pc.. in standart nav codeunits, they work well but in global variables list, i see their class ids instead of their class names..

my recomendation is: export a standart codeunit that uses excel automation as textfile,not fob.. explorer how automation variables are defined in the text file..search for your component in the registry and find its class id.. replace the class id of excel automation variable with the class id of your components in the text file..replace the id of original codeunit to 50000 (or something like that),import and use it...i think it works....
    Thanks for the Reply.

How do i find the class id of a dll?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    can't see the dll in my OCX list

Try to look into Automation list (define Automation variable and not OCX)-you can look into "Automation Server" virtual table (Table 2000000046).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.