Importing a bank rec from existing

stuart1266stuart1266 Member Posts: 29
I'm using Nav 4.0 and I'm trying to import my opening GL balances into the systemd as at 31.05.07.

I've got the sales and purchase ledger on, but I need to know how to get the bank balance. This consist of 2 elements.....unpresented cheques, and unpresented lodgements

Do I dataport the lodgements and cheques in and amend the balance in my GL balances to account for the import of the cheques and lodgements?

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    In short, yes.

Or else you won't be able to reconcile them when you do the bank rec.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    stuart1266 wrote:
    I'm using Nav 4.0 and I'm trying to import my opening GL balances into the systemd as at 31.05.07.

I've got the sales and purchase ledger on, but I need to know how to get the bank balance. This consist of 2 elements.....unpresented cheques, and unpresented lodgements

Do I dataport the lodgements and cheques in and amend the balance in my GL balances to account for the import of the cheques and lodgements?
    to avoid changing the g/l balances, you can make your dataport of the ledger entries hit the same account, you make the balance account for the bank the same g/l account that the bank post to. and that way both the debit and the credit offset each other and they net to zero. so your existing g/l balances are not affected. you just end up having the items available for the reconciliation.