Import / Export objects through code

matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
Is it possible to import and export objects as text files through code. As in I want to write code that does the exact same thing as me going to File --> Import or File --> Export.

I looked through the Object table, but didn't see anything that would help.

Thanks

Comments

• kujukuju Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 62
    It is possible to import/export objects in a compiled form but not in a text format by my knowledge.
    This is possible with the blob field in the object table.

In the past I developped a C/Front solution to export those blobs and import them in other databases.
    Maybe a solutions with streams is possible...?

Note that is not advisable to this because if the object is compiled in another environment i may suffer conflicts in the imported environment.
    Dynamics Rules!
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, I've seen a few applications that can do it, but I think they're the compiled version and I need text. Like I know the object manager does it, or at least stores it somewhere. And I think that code protection download that went up the other day must do it.

Just hoping for an easy way and to add more automation to my program. Oh well.
  • MTCMTC Member Posts: 159
    The only way you can do it from the client through code and not doing anything funny is via SENDKEYS, which is very very ugly indeed.