Options

Commerce Portal: failure in catalog resolve

RalfRalf Member Posts: 15
edited 2004-07-12 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

i am installing CommercePortal with MS CommerceServer 2002, W2K SP3...

When i try to open the Demo Site i geht the message:
Error Type:
Microsoft Commerce OLE DB Provider (0xCA178014)
Error: failure in catalog resolve, hr: -2147483326
/CommercePortal/global.asa, line 394

Browser Type:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Page:
GET /commerceportal/Default.asp

When i click the Refresh Button from IE, i get this message:

Error Type:
Commerce.AuthManager.1 (0x80070057)
AuthManager(CommerceServer): You should call 'AuthManager::Initialize()' method with a valid site-name, before calling any other AuthManager API.
/commerceportal/Default.asp, line 10

The Table's in SQL-Server are generated and i have just placed
the Line
strSitePath = Server.MapPath(WEBSITE_ROOT_DIRECTORY)& "\CommercePortal
in Global.asa.
The pup-file i have unpacked in Quick-Mode.

Can anyone help me?

thanx,
Ralf

Comments

• Options
    slapmonsterslapmonster Member Posts: 1
    Hello Ralf,

I also tried to implement the Commerce Portal and i think that we both have the same problem now. But i am not shure if i implementet it the right way. I got several questions about the imlementation and i would like to ask you and the forum if you could help me with these...

it would also be good if anyone has a step by step guide whitch discribes how to impement the whole thing.

i did it this way:
    at first i installed de sql 2000 server and the commerce server 2002. at this point i was wondering about the message queuing services. i installed them "standalone"... not in a domain. but that seemed to work. then i installed the blank site on the commerce server. there was the first error. the business desk is working properly, but the normal site not. is that correct or have i done something wrong?
    then i installed navision database server, navision application server and navision client. then i imported the sample navision database into the ms sql 2000 server. that is working properly. the next step was getting the application server to work. by the way i still dont understand why you need an ms sql 2000 server AND the navision database server???? i got it work only with the sql server and only with the special start up parameter "ADCS,NAS1" in the application server.

then i installed the commerve portal components and tied to access the biz desk. that is also working. but the normal commerce portal site is not.

i got the same problem like you ralf....

any ideas and tips???

Greetings
    Patrick
  • Options
    emabareemabare Member Posts: 8
    I have quite the same trouble with version 3.70, Commerce Server 2002 SP2.

The first error is
    Error Type:
    (0x80020009)
    Exception occurred.
    /CommercePortal/global.asa, line 366

the second (when I refresh the page):
    Error Type:
    Commerce.AuthManager.1 (0x80070057)
    AuthManager(CommerceServer): You should call 'AuthManager::Initialize()' method with a valid site-name, before calling any other AuthManager API.
    /CommercePortal/global.asa, line 80

Anyone have a solution?
  • Options
    d.lamard.lamar Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I had the same Problem but i found a TechNote that worked for me.

Hope this helps

SYMPTOMS

When you try to load the Commerce Portal site in Navision, you may receive an .asp error pointing to Line 79 or 365 in the Global.asa file.

CAUSE

This error may occur if you chose the Windows Authentication option when you installed Commerce Server.

RESOLUTION

Remove Commerce Server and then re-install Commerce Server using the SQL Authentication.

1. When you select the SQL Authentication option, you will be warned not to use this option.

2. Click OK.

3. You will be prompted with the same message again and then click OK again.

4. After the last OK, it will move pass this step.

To find out which security optionwas chosen, do the following:

1. Open the Commerce Server Manager.

2. Right-click the Commerce Server Manager and then click Properties.

3. Check the Connection screen for the words Integrated Security. If you see these words, you
    chose the wrong option. If that is the case, remove and then re-install the Commerce Server.
  • Options
    tyrrestruptyrrestrup Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

You are absolutely right. You can choose to change the authentication to SQL.

Or you can also make sure to add the Windows account you are using for the NAS server to the Commerce Server Admin group.

All the error you are getting regarding the Authentication is related to permissions in the different servers.

If you choose to continue to use Windows Authentication, besides adding the Windows account to the admin group for Commerce Server you also need to set up a SQL user account in SQL Enterprise Manager for your Windows account.

Make sure to give the Windows account the same rights as the sa user account in SQL.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    IHateLinuxIHateLinux Member Posts: 223
    Hi,

afaik there is no other way of running commerce portal in a mixed mode installation of sql server (and perhaps MSCS).
    This is because the CP Synch service tries to write data to the SQL database of the commerce server with sql authentication (and not windows).
    So the NAS is never accessing the MSCS directly, this job is done by the messages sent to the queues and the synch service listening to this queue to extract the message out of the queue and execute the included sql statement.
    Therefore you must install the synch service on the machine where MSCS is installed, because the service needs some dlls (it creates some MSCS objects internally) of the MSCS.
    If you have any further questions feel free to ask them here.

HTH,
    IHateLinux