Is TEMPORARY a undocumented C/Side Command?

rthswrthsw Member Posts: 73
Hi, i'Ve stumbled over the following command:

TmpCatGroups := temporary;
where TmpCatGroups is some Table with the Propertie Temporary = YES. But that's no difference.
If you insert this code with any var before the :=, you get by compilation the error
"A Value or an expression was expected" with examples.
Normaly, Navision should respond a
"You have specified an unknown variable".

because "temporary" is similar to the popertie for temp-tables, i tried a
TmpCatGroups := dimensions;, because dimensions is also a propertie for Var's. But here Navision results the right error.

If i write just the "Command" temporary in one line, navision results this must not be the first word in a sentence
This means, temporary in the c/side code has to be something like an Statement. But what is it doing?

Comments

• MTCMTC Member Posts: 159
    This is interesting.

The one thing that I notice is that it has not been capitalised. Therefore it cannot be a command or other C/AL keyword.

What object have you found this in?
  • deltoiddeltoid Member Posts: 41
    I noticed that command the other day as well when I was doing something. This is what I found from a report. I don't know what the command is used for.

IF (tmprec = TEMPORARY) THEN; //this results in 'a value or expression expected'
    tmprec := TEMPORARY; //this results in 'a value or expression expected'
    MESSAGE(TEMPORARY); //this results in 'a value or expression expected'
    TEMPORARY := 1; //this results in 'this must not be the first word in a sentence'.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I searched exported objects as textfile. And I did find the keyword "TEMPORARY" in it.
    It is used in the variables to indicate that a record is used as a temporary table.
    So my guess is that the Navision compiler expects that it is used in this way.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!