Separating LCY PO's and FCY PO's in terms of users access

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi,

One of our client wants to limit access to foreign PO's to only four of its users. Other users should not have access to view the foreign PO's.

On the other hand, local POs are accessible to everyone.

Can someone please tell me if this can be done?

Thanks and Regards,
Beatrice.

Comments

• BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi,

Regarding my post about PO's, I was thinking about making a copy of the standard PO and renaming both objects.

One will be LCY PO's and the other will be FCY PO's. We will then be able to give separate access to foreign and local POs.

Is it feasible? Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
  • toshitaporitoshitapori Member Posts: 52
    Beatrice
    You dont need to create a copy of the form and then give permission on who shud access it or not . The best way would be to create a new field in user setup called Access foreign PO or something like that and then on the on open form trigger you can put your code about who shud be able to see what using filters.

Rgds,
    Toshitapori
    Hi Toshitapori,

Thanks for replying.

For this new field that will be added on the User Setup, what will be the Data Type?

Has anyone worked on this before? If yes, would you mind sharing the Code?

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks and Regards,

Beatrice.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    What abt using Responsibility Centre. The data can be filtered automatically as per the sales/purchase responsibility centre on tne user and the customer.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    What abt using Responsibility Centre. The data can be filtered automatically as per the sales/purchase responsibility centre on tne user and the customer.

I don't think so. The customer wants to limit access to foreign PO's to only four of its users. Other users should not be able to view foreign PO.

I do not think this can be achieved with Responsiblity Centers only, unless we write some coding.

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
  • toshitaporitoshitapori Member Posts: 52
    Hi Beatrice,

Create a new boolean filed called Access foreign PO in user setup table so that in future if you want to gice access to some one else u shud be able to do it quickly by just ticking one field to yes.

Now go to on open form trigger of the purchase order and put your filters
    you will have to use filtergroups in this scenraio as you dont want somebody to do showall. Search on the forum more n i am sure you will find sample code too how to do it.
    Hi Toshitapori,

Thanks very much.

We'll work on it.

Rgds,
    Beatrice.