Compare 2 database

KapoueKapoue Member Posts: 37
Hello,

Is it possible to compare 2 navision database to now witch objets has been modified.
Anybody has modify one ore more table, codeunit, ... and I don't know witch objects he has modified

Thanks in advance

Ben

Answers

• BgestelBgestel Member Posts: 136
    Hi,

it works as follows.

Export all objects as text in both databases

use beyondcompare, winmerge or a other 3th party tool to compare the source files.

alternativly but less trustworthy is to copy the object table form both versions to excell en compare the date time from the objects

I hope it helps
    ** SI ** Bert Van Gestel **
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Kapoue wrote:
    Hello,

Is it possible to compare 2 navision database to now witch objets has been modified.
    Anybody has modify one ore more table, codeunit, ... and I don't know witch objects he has modified

Thanks in advance

Ben

Hi Ben,

You can also use the Navision Developer Toolkit(NDT) and there is an option to compare two verisions.. This might also help you in identifying the modified objects.
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • KapoueKapoue Member Posts: 37
    I cannot export all the objects because it seem that I don't have the permissions.

But I have finded an objet to comparethe blobsize of the object of 2 database...

After I can export only the ojects that have changed.

Thank you
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    open object designer, click the ALL button, select all lines, copy and paste into Excel. Do the same for the second database and paste into the same excel sheet, to the right of the first set. Line up all the objects by object type and number, so that objects with the same number and type out of two databases are on the same row next to each other. Then use the Excal IF function to compare the fields. Compare the version list, date, time and blob fields. Use autofilter to filter out the ones that are equal.
  • ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    I know it's solved but would like you to know a different option. You can use this one in beyond compare: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... nd+compare

Save the objects as a fob

2. Compare the fob files