Mail Codeunit - Hanging

deltoiddeltoid Member Posts: 41
I have a 3.10 database. My problem is that when using the 397 Mail codeunit if you did a call to NewMessage and had the ShowDialog set to true it would cause Navision to wait until the user had closed the e-mail dialog before it would continue, this would cause locking issues and I do not want to add a commit before calling the newmessage function.

In version 4.00 this problem doesn't happen so I have upgraded my Mail codeunit to the codeunit from 4.00.03 and have registered the OLHandler.dll and NATHash.dll.

In my development environment this works perfectly.

In however when other users try this (they haven't ever installed NAV 4.00 only 3.10) it will hang and not bring up the e-mail, this also happens if ShowDialog is set to false.

Any ideas?

Comments

• BgestelBgestel Member Posts: 136
    wild gues,

check the outlook setup for the "integration component" or something like that, i cant find the name. So, look if that is installed.

check you are using the right automation server , the one that belongs with the version of outlook that is in use 2000, 2003, 2007 ...

I hope i havn't confused you more :D
    ** SI ** Bert Van Gestel **
  • deltoiddeltoid Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was thinking that possibly the OLHandler was the wrong version for hte client's version of outlook but in other tests it works for me.

Might try and find this "integration component" you mentioned.

Thanks.
  • deltoiddeltoid Member Posts: 41
    The problem was resolved by Microsoft.

Version 3.10 does not support the CREATEGUID command so I just removed the code to do with it in the mail codeunit and it worked for me.

However when modifying it so that it would use my own generated GUID it will work.

Thanks for the suggestions.