Printing error [version conflict?]

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Dear All,

I export the report object from (nav 4.0 SP2), and i import to (nav 4.0 SP3). Then i ran the report, it's work fine when i "preview" the report, BUT if i click "print" button instead of "preview". The system prompt me an error msg "The user defined C/AL function that takes 10 parameter, was called with 8 parameter"...why was this happen..HELP~~~

10s in advance~~~

Comments

• teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    Sorry...the object that i import to nav 4.0_SP3 is from older object[ver 3.6] not 4.0_SP2.
    Any..idea?
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    The error message is quite obvious.
    One of the functions has changed.
    You might need to modify the function that calls the report or modify the report to accept less parameters.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    those function that called by the report hv no problem at all.
    The error msg seem very obvious but it's not obvious as v thought.
    those function that called by the report hv no problem at all.
    The error msg seem very obvious but it's not obvious as v thought.
    i import the object to few computers, some of it hv tis problem and some of it do not face tis kind of problem.
    Ohh..i got it..~ this was happen because the report object that i gather from older version was calling a particular code unit...and the new code unit function parameter was not compatible with the parameter that pass in from the report. To solve this, juz either import the code unit from Ver 3.6[this much more dangerous] OR modify the coding in report to pass in the compatible parameter to the code unit[safer].