Duplicate Transactions listed in Sales Table - Bad?

dhahlendhahlen Member Posts: 14
First and foremost I would like to say look forward to spending lot of time on this forum to familiarize myself with Navision and I appreciate any help that is posted. This forum was recommended by a former employee who made great use of it.

On to the subject...

While doing a price change on a specific item a co-worker decided to weigh out the profit margin for changing the price against the new number of orders etc etc..

This item in particular duplicates itself in the sales field. Say a customer is invoiced for an item, it then deducts itself from the quantity and contains all of the information on a single Entry Number. However with this item it adds another Entry Number (not always consistant with the original entry number) but doesn't contain an invoice amount or an invoice quantity. Therefore you have an original entry as it should be followed by a duplicate entry that does not affec the invoice or sales amount but deducts the cost to the "Cost Posted to General Ledger"

You can download an attachment with an example of what I am experiencing here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/f7c7e8/

Any ideas on to why this particular item would duplicate itself? Also why it is only affecting the Cost Posted to GL?

Thanks,
DHahlen

BTW It's Navision 4.0 SP2

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't see the entry type in value entry in excel. My guess they are all sales

See if those lines are adjustemtn. There is boolean field called Adjustemnt.

Also what is the source code for those lines? 'INVTADJMT'?

Probably Adjust cost routine posted those entries.

For the item ledger entries find the applied entries and you'll see what the cost for those inbound entries are.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • dhahlendhahlen Member Posts: 14
    Not sure on the source code for the entry.

You are correct, they are "sales" entries.

Going to do some data compression on a test database to see if has any results. If you'd like I can upload an unmodified spreadsheet.