Define the variable under 'Global C/AL symbols'

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi,

New fields have been added on the Salesperson/Purchaser Card.

When I compile the fob, I am getting the following message:

You have specified an unknown variable.

Active

Define the variable under 'Global C/AL symbols'.

I am not a technical person and I do not know precisely how to correct this.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks and Regards,
Beatrice.

Answers

• bestianhowbestianhow Member Posts: 120
    The error occured due to that variable you are not defined and tried to use it. If you not using the "Active" variable, please remove the "Active" word under the C/AL Editor. Else, you need to defined the "Active" variable in C/AL Globals (View -> C/AL Globals)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Sometime is problem that new created field is not "visible" for NAV until you save the table and close the designer. I recommend to add new fields, save and close the designer, reopen it and add the code working with the new fields. I assume, that you added field with name "Active" into the table... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    When you compile the object, it should've taken you directly to the line in question. That should tell you what you're missing.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Alex Chow wrote:
    When you compile the object, it should've taken you directly to the line in question. That should tell you what you're missing.

If thre is code in the form that references a variable that no longer exists (e.g. a field made non active), then if you don't have the application builder, it will not show where the error is.

This was added in 2.01, because prior to that you could create a form error, then compile, and it would take you into code editor and you bypassed the license requirement, an could modify, and save code.
    David Singleton
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi,

Thanks for assistance.

While importing the objects, we have imported only the Salesperson/Purchaser card. We have not imported the Salesperson/Purchaser table which contains this Active field.

The issue is solved.

Regards,
    Beatrice.