Options

Outlook Integration

astarothastaroth Member Posts: 7
edited 2003-10-14 in Navision Financials
Hello,

I'm creating an Integration with Oulook from 2.60.

My problem is when im trying to insert Comments into the body of an Task like:
REPEAT
  outTask.Body := outTask.Body + Remark.Remark
UNTIL Remar.Next = 0;

I get an error from Navision (Error 11 in Module 45).

The error occurs when the length of outTask.Body > 255.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Comments

• Options
    DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    Hello

I think, this Internal Error occurs because Navision v 2.6 cannot work with stringsw greater than 255 characters. Similar error occurec when I tried to create object which contained Option string, which was too long (I do not know, how long it was :-)). This error cannot be solved in ver. 2.60, this is limitation of DBMS core. But you can use Navision 3.60 or better, there you can use strings up to lenght 1024 chars.
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis
  • Options
    astarothastaroth Member Posts: 7
    Hello Martin

Upgrading the Navision Financials to Attain isn't any solution (the is still a limit).

The problem is that I'm writing to an Automation and I don't see why Navision puts the limit here.

I suppose that writing the Remarks to a text file and then import it into the Task.Body with a DLL or OCX, could solve the problem, but I would rather not include to many external programs to solve my problems.
  • Options
    DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    Hi

Navision Attain supports strings up to 1024 chars. So upgrade is not good idea, I agree with you, there is still limitation.

What about using export into text file as you told and then use dataport to import this file into Outlook? Dataport has no limitation in lenght of currently imported line and there's no need using external OCX/DLL's. As source expression in dataport field you can write OutTask.Body (I hope this will work; I did not test using anythting else than simple variable (text, code, date, number etc.) or table field in source expession of dataport field)

Please, let me know (usig this thread in forum) if my idea worked or not.
    M.
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis