Quality check in Purchase

souravbsouravb Member Posts: 135
Hi All,
I have two scenarios on quality check in purchase.
1)Firstly when the goods from the vendor arrive at the factory gate they are checked firsthand. If some items are defective they are returned then and there.

2) Secondly, before issuing to the shop floor the components are checked for quality and if there is any defect in them they are returned and a replacement is asked from the vendor.

My question is how to handle these scenario in Navision and what are the effects to the inventory quantity and value.

Plz Help.

Comments

• odaiadnan@yahoo.comodaiadnan@yahoo.com Member Posts: 11
    hi
    if the returned quantities not replaced by the vendor, you solve this by using purchase credit memo, this credit memo will solve this problem physically and financialy
    in the case of replacement occur, this can be by recieve the actual qty and when the remain quantities arrive then you post the purchase order and the invoice
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    The concept of receiving products means that they are passed the quality check and they are accepted. Simply don't receive the orders until they are checked and only receive the accepted quantity. If users want to see the quantity waiting for checking you can create a new decimal field for it ("Qty On Site") on the Purchase Order and show it at some reports. Maybe automatically decrease it when the receipt is posted etc. etc.

For the second question, Return Order or Credit Memo.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    If the goods are exiseable then you will have to post receipt. This is mandatory as per Indian Law. Later you can send it back with a proper credit memo cum exiseable invoice.
    Have a look on B2B quality solution, I hope that will answer most of your query.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • farrelfarrel Member Posts: 25
    Hi All,

I think we have a similar problem with souravab only that it occurs during the release of the product for Sales. My client is very strict on quality of their product. So before they actually ship the product to their customer they send the product in their QA department for checking (they call it burn-in). For example a customer purchase a computer. How will Navision handle replacement internally? Where replacement is on the Component part of the computer.

Any answer is very much appreciated.

Thanks, :)