Setting Reorder Level for Inventory

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi everyone,

I've been browsing through this forum to read a little bit about reordering policy in Navision.

But I am still unclear about how to proceed subject to a client's requirement?

In fact, they want the system to prompt a Warning Message whenever Quantity on Inventory for a specific item goes below the Maximum Qty for instance.

The system should only prompt a message when quantity is below the required level. They do not want the system to create POs automatically.

I have seen there is the Requisition Planning Worksheet, but can it be used with Basic Inventory. Can it be used for the above mentioned situation and how?

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
Beatrice.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    here are some ideas - to create worksheets automatically - for review

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12266

is this the kind of info you are looking for???
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi Savatage,

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly note that our client is a trading company which purchases and resells computer parts and accessories.

I was just referring to the Requisition Worksheet and I was thinking that this could be an alternative to their requirement. I found that they can use the Calculate Plan function, whereby system will suggest creation of PO's for any item.

They could set the Replenishment System as Purchase on the Item Card and choose the appropriate Reordering Policy on the Planning tab of the Item Card.

I am a bit confused about how to make the setup on the Planning tab of the Item Card.

Which Reordering Policy is more appropriate?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Beatrice.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Beatrice wrote:
    Hi Savatage,

Thanks for your reply.

Kindly note that our client is a trading company which purchases and resells computer parts and accessories.

I was just referring to the Requisition Worksheet and I was thinking that this could be an alternative to their requirement. I found that they can use the Calculate Plan function, whereby system will suggest creation of PO's for any item.

They could set the Replenishment System as Purchase on the Item Card and choose the appropriate Reordering Policy on the Planning tab of the Item Card.

I am a bit confused about how to make the setup on the Planning tab of the Item Card.

Which Reordering Policy is more appropriate?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Beatrice.

You mean something like this :wink:

Dynamics User Group - Setting a Reorder Level for Inventory Items
    David Singleton
    Hi,

From the link, it seems that 2 solutions have been provided.

The second solution from Themave is proposing to make the setup on the SKU card, which the client does not use.

Why can't we make this setup directly on the Item Card itself? Is there any difference?

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
    Hi,

I have created a new item to test the Reordering Setup as suggested.

On the Replenishment tab:

Replenishment System: Purchase.

On the Planning tab:

Reordering Policy:Maximum Qty
    Safety Stock Quantity: 10
    Reorder Point: 10
    Maximum Inventory: 50

Step 1: Create a PO for 50 items, post the receipt.
    Step2: Create SO for 45 items, post the shipment.

When I run the Calculate Plan batch job, the system does not suggest lines for creation of a new PO for the item, although the Safety Stock Quantity was set to 10 and the Actual Quantity on Hand is 5.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.