Office Version for Nav 5

ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
Hi
What office version is needed to use the new functions "send to excel", etc. from within Nav 5?

We have Office 2003 but get an automation error.

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Answers

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    If I remember correctly it requires XML 6.

(Waldo told me). :-$
  • ta5ta5 Member Posts: 1,164
    I think the installation with office 2003 is scrap.

So I'm trying on a office 2000 installation. I have installed msxml6, but I have the following issue:

I just get the xml File, but word and excel are not able to open it then (they open it as a textfile).

Regards
    Thomas
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I assume that you need at least MS Office 2003. Older versions do not understand the XML documents. And I am not sure if you do not need the Office 2007 compatibility addon for the Office 2003...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    kine wrote:
    I assume that you need at least MS Office 2003. Older versions do not understand the XML documents. And I am not sure if you do not need the Office 2007 compatibility addon for the Office 2003...

For XML-like files, you do need. If you want to open xml-like file in 2003. On my test Vista & NAV5 I had to install XML6 to be able to export to Word (but I think it was Word 2007 already)
  • PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    Phenno wrote:
    kine wrote:

For XML-like files, you do need. If you want to open xml-like file in 2003. On my test Vista & NAV5 I had to install XML6 to be able to export to Word (but I think it was Word 2007 already)

Oooor 2003... I forgot :oops:
  • BromannBromann Member Posts: 10
    According to the official channels Office 2003 and 2007 are supported for the Export to Word/Excel feature in NAV 5.0 - as you would see when a document opened up (- if it was working for you :) ) it opens in 2003 compatibility mode . . . .
    Thanks all for your postings.
    It now runs on a Office 2007 system. :D
  • BromannBromann Member Posts: 10
    What do you think of this new funtionality?
    Great for demos, the customers seem to like it.
    Yes, great for selling, worse for modifying, but I hope it will be changed in short time... with some tool to change the templates...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    kine wrote:
    Yes, great for selling, worse for modifying, but I hope it will be changed in short time... with some tool to change the templates...

It is in development and should be released shortly, we had a beta demo at TechEd
    I know... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.