License problem? Adding code to Forms

galmokgalmok Member Posts: 44
I am trying to create forms and add code to them. I am able to create the form just fine, but I am unable to add any code. I am guessing I have a license issue, but what is actually necessary for me to add code? I figured that having the licence to create forms included the ability to add code to them.

Comments

• DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
    I think you need to have one of the following granules on your license.
    7,200 Application Builder
    7,300 Solution Developer

You'll probably find you have the following granule:
    7,120 Form Designer
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Datapac wrote:
    I think you need to have one of the following granules on your license.
    7,300 Solution Developer

You'll probably find you have the following granule:
    7,120 Form Designer

Actually you just need

David Singleton
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    Here in the US, the application design granule is around $8000, and it is required to access code in tables, forms, codeunits.

you can access code in reports and dataports, xmlports if you licensed those granules

The application designer allows you to access posted tables also, but not all of them, the solution developer granule allows you to access a few more tables, such as posted g/l entries. it cost around $26000 here in the US.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    galmok wrote:
    I am trying to create forms and add code to them. I am able to create the form just fine, but I am unable to add any code. I am guessing I have a license issue, but what is actually necessary for me to add code? I figured that having the licence to create forms included the ability to add code to them.

By the way, how many form do you need to do? If just one, then get your partner/NSC to do it, that is much cheaper. If its something that you need to change often, and thus need to do your self, then just use a report instead of a form, since you can add code to a report.
    David Singleton