Update Analysis view does not take all records [solved]

geri79geri79 Member Posts: 105
Hi,

using Nav4SP2 I have a strange problem. My analyis entries sometimes do not have the dimension what the GL record has.

In the cases where I found this errors I had Cost Center as Global Dimenion 1 Code on the GL Entry, in the Analysis View I have this Dimension defined as Dim 1 Code, but the Anaylsis entry has all 4 Dim Codes empty.

I tried with Update on posting yes and no. I deleted the whole table 365 and updated again, still the same records with missing Dim Codes.

I am quite frustrated...

I think this problem happens a lot to entries which were posted via recurring journals. Is this a hint?

Thanks for your help.

geri
geri

Comments

• DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
    Hi Geri,
    On the Analysis View Card, set the Starting Date and try again.
    I had the same problem yesterday.
    Hope this helps
  • geri79geri79 Member Posts: 105
    If done this.
    Starting date 1st Jan 2000
    Last Update :''
    Last Enty No.:''
    I have deleted the enitre table 365 and updated from 0.

SAME PROBLEM!!!

Now I would like to write some offensive text...
    geri
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi Geri

I think that you have to enter something in the dimensions tab for the
    dimensions you want to analyse by

Hope this helps
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Make sure the missing entries that you have found have the related dimension that you have setup on analysis view.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Thx for your answers, but I have checked all this.
    On a GL Account I have two entries with exactly the same Dimensions, one entry has this dims also in the analysis entry, the other has not.
    geri
    edited 2007-06-14
    Did you check the Ledger Entry Dimension for those two entries or just the gl entry?

The only KB article there is about recurring journal and dimension. If you copy and paste the recurring journal, the dim are not copied.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

edited 2007-06-14
    I did "Control + Shift + D" and it showed me the dims.
    Is that want u ment?

No I didn't. Here is the problem. This entries just have the field in the record filled but not the entry in the dim table. Now I have to find out, how they could create postings like this.

I am a bit wiser now...
    geri
  • ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi Geri,

Have never seen anything like it... And have processed millions and millions of entries with analysis by dimensions...

So, I smell customizations...

An easy way to empty the Analysis View Entry table is by choosing a different Date Compression on the Analysis View Card (which asks for confirmation) and then set it back to what it was before (None->Month->None). That way it deletes all recs and clears the appropriate fields on the analysis view so that you can press Update again...

1) Do you have a setup on Date Compression on the Analysis View Card? Try putting None and try to update again.

2) In case you have managed to replicate the problem then try debugging the cu 410 (Update Analysis View) to find out why the second entry gets blank dims... I think that having a couple same recs on a g/l account that produce different entries on the analysis then it would not be difficult to debug...

3) Maybe you could check if that cu is modified or perform a compare with the original object to see if there are any changes...
    Yes. Also run table 365 and filter it and see if you see the records in the table.
    There is a fix in sp3 for "Update Item Analysis View" CU. You should try and load the test environment and re update the Card and see if this fixes it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

edited 2007-06-14
    Thanks all, especially ara3n!!!

I got it. Somehow our accountance department made it to put a value in the field Global 1 Dim without running the OnValidate trigger. So no entries in the Dim Table were created.
    Unfortunately they did this in recurring journals so they error was repeated often.

I did not analyse all code here, but the sol center somehow blocced registrating without Global 1 Code but not by the standard way putting code mandatory on the accounts.

Now I Have done this. Revalidated all recurring journals. Tested on Test DB and I think I am happy. The past is rubbish, but we go ahead!!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!
    geri
  • ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    :shock: Now, THAT's a really happy and optimistic person... :lol:

I usually use a bottle of whiskey to have such reactions... :mrgreen:

I envy you... :!:
    You are welcome
    Don't get your work affect you emotionally. It's just work.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini