TCP/IP error for one particular pc

DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
edited 2009-02-19 in Navision Financials
Hi all,

I recently went to a customer's place to set up 3 Navision Database Servers on one server, each pointing to a different database. Lets just call them Server A, B and C. The Navision version being used here is 2.60.

I tried logging into to each Server concurrently with 3 other pcs with no problems except this one pc. This particular pc is able to access Server A and B but NOT C. The error I received when trying to access Server C from that pc is:

"The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED)"

I have tried:

1) Rebooting the pc
2) Pinging the server (Successfully!)
3) Restarting the service for Server C
4) Double checking the Host and Services files
5) Replacing the Host and Services files from a working pc with this problematic pc (this was a desperate last attempt.)

None of the above work. Is there something I haven't tried yet? A colleague told me it could the firewall settings but if thats the case, the pc shouldn't be able to access Server A, B and C altogether, right?

Thanks
Dave

Comments

• DatapacDatapac Member Posts: 97
    Hi Dave,
    Have you tried adjusting the Advanced tab Net Type when connecting? This is normally set to "Default" for SQL Server and TCP or TCPS for Navision Native.
    Hope this helps,
    Richie
  • DavedaveDavedave Member Posts: 88
    Hi Richie,

Thanks for the reply. :D

I did check the Net Type under the Advanced tab and it is set to TCP. In versions before 4.0, its either TCP or NetBios. Only in 4.0 do they have the extra option of TCPS.

Thanks
    David
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The ping was done through IP, Server name or service name? You need to be able to ping it by the service name (name you enter as server name in NAV).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ashish.sajnaniashish.sajnani Member Posts: 1
    i have created a server on one pc. it can be accessed by the same pc
    but it cannot be accessed from other pcs on the network. Can anybody help

I can ping it from other pcs where i want to access but cannot access it

It gives a timed out error

If i can ping a server and can access it through the local pc what can be the definite solution for this problem

Is this problem common. Has someone encountered such a problem like me and
    Davedave ](*,)
  • HfteamHfteam Member Posts: 9
    Try to open port 2407 in firewall!
    Hope it will help! \:D/

Goman
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Davedave wrote:
    Hi all,

I recently went to a customer's place to set up 3 Navision Database Servers on one server, each pointing to a different database. Lets just call them Server A, B and C. The Navision version being used here is 2.60.

I tried logging into to each Server concurrently with 3 other pcs with no problems except this one pc. This particular pc is able to access Server A and B but NOT C. The error I received when trying to access Server C from that pc is:

"The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED)"

I have tried:

1) Rebooting the pc
    2) Pinging the server (Successfully!)
    3) Restarting the service for Server C
    4) Double checking the Host and Services files
    5) Replacing the Host and Services files from a working pc with this problematic pc (this was a desperate last attempt.)

None of the above work. Is there something I haven't tried yet? A colleague told me it could the firewall settings but if thats the case, the pc shouldn't be able to access Server A, B and C altogether, right?

Thanks
    Dave

Your colleague may have an idea. The firewall may be only blocking the port used by server C while allow the ports used by servers A and B. If the computer is running Windows firewall try turing it off as a test.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • EL_TORRESEL_TORRES Member Posts: 4
    Maybe you have a Firewall activaded It happened to me in one pc pingin response and i deactivaded the firewall it worked