How to save zupo file setting for all users

nav001nav001 Member Posts: 39
Client is using SQL Server Option, I want to know if it is possible to make changes to the column layout ina form and save it for all users, or would i have to make the individual changes on each users pc

Comments

• WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    In default, all changes are saved on the local PC. The only way to save it for all users, is to make sure that the zup file is copied to every client PC.

You could also refer to the zup file, using the "ID=c:\..." parameter (for fin.exe), but I don't recommend it, because that way, all users will use that one zup file, so you'll get the message "do you want to overwrite the zup file" ... and you don't want that, I guess... .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • frandefrande Member Posts: 17
    If it is a general change that should be made for all users why not just make the changes on the form in general instead of doing it through the zup-file?

Is there a special purpose for doing it in the zup-file instead?
    Best regards,

Kristian
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360
    Isn't it that the new versions of NAV also stores the zup file on the server, so that any user which wants to log on from any machine in the network will find his settings the same as in his original machine that he was previously working on. :?:
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/
  • frandefrande Member Posts: 17
    diptish.naskar >

I have never heared that the zup-file automatically is saved on the server. It is only saved on the server if you set it up on the client.
    Best regards,

Kristian
    frande wrote:
    diptish.naskar >

I have never heared that the zup-file automatically is saved on the server. It is only saved on the server if you set it up on the client.

Indeed, with the "ID=..." parameter :wink:

Eric Wauters
    My blog
  • diptish.naskardiptish.naskar Member Posts: 360

And how to set it up in the client so that it gets saved on the server...can you please let us know..
    Diptish Naskar
    For any queries you can also visit my blog site: http://msnavarena.blogspot.com/

And how to set it up in the client so that it gets saved on the server...can you please let us know..

Open your client with a shortcut:

"fin.exe id=M:\path\name.zup"
    where M is a network drive.

Eric Wauters
    My blog