Job Posting and G/L Posting in one go

geri79geri79 Member Posts: 105
Hi,

is there someone with a solution to combine job and G/L posting?
S.th. like happens when you posts incoming or outgoing inoices on jobs.

In our company we have sometimes the fact that we have to reallocate costs from a job to another one and these jobs are in different cost centers.

Now for that reason we use General Journal and afterwards Job Journal, but it is kind of double work and it is easy to make mistakes...

Any good ideas?

geri
geri

Comments

• geri79geri79 Member Posts: 105
    A solution could be (without changing CU11):
    In the "On Push" Trigger of the post button in the G/L Register Form I could place some code what copies the line information to a designated job journal and post it from there (I have put in a new field "Job No.2" in Table Gen. Journal Line).
    But when then the CU11 exits on error the job ledger entries should not be posted.

I am trying the following:

[Delete old job journal lines]
    [Copy G/L journal to job journal...]

{+original Code}
    CODEUNIT.RUN(CODEUNIT::"Job Jnl.-Post",Rec);
    CurrentJnlBatchName := GETRANGEMAX("Journal Batch Name");
    CurrForm.UPDATE(FALSE);
    {-original Code}

[post job journal lines]

So the job journal is only posted if also the G/L journal is posted.
    If the CU11 exits on error I would have a filled job journal. But maybe that doesnt' matter because it is cleared anyway with the next try.

What do you think? Better suggestions?
    geri
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    geri79 wrote:
    Hi,

is there someone with a solution to combine job and G/L posting?
    S.th. like happens when you posts incoming or outgoing inoices on jobs.

In our company we have sometimes the fact that we have to reallocate costs from a job to another one and these jobs are in different cost centers.

Now for that reason we use General Journal and afterwards Job Journal, but it is kind of double work and it is easy to make mistakes...

Any good ideas?

geri

Hi,

1. What version of Navision are you using?
    2. Are you talking about automating the 4 processes you have to run in order to sync job and G/L?
    Using 4.0 SP2

Yes I want to be able to post G/L and Job entries in one go to have them synchronized.

For example we register travelling costs from a credit card bill in the G/L Journal and I want to show them also as Job Ledger Entry.

Or we have internal projects/jobs what are invoiced internally to other jobs in a different cost center.
    geri
  • b2b_Vijayb2b_Vijay Member Posts: 76
    Hi Geri,

I did something similar for one of our customer. If the Job No. is populated on Gen Journal Line, then while posting through the standard posting codeunit i populate Job Journal Line and call the Job Posting Codeunit (you can find it on Post button in Job Journal) which automatically posts to Tb 17 and also to Job Ledger Entries with the same Document No. So when you Navigate, you can see all related transactions posted.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Vijay
    Hello Vijay,

where exactly did you place your code?
    Needs to secured that no errors occure in the code "breaks" when only job or only G/L lines are posted.

thx

geri
    geri