Concurrent Capacity

alwaysgunaalwaysguna Member Posts: 45
Hi All

We have set concurrent capacities for a machine centre as 3, we have also set the machine centre in the capacity constrained resouces setup as 100%.

In routing concurrent capacity is set as 1.

We are not able to planning simultaneously on the concurrent capacity. Only after completion of the 1st Production Order does the next production order start which uses the same machine centre having 3 concurrent capacity.

If you have any solutions to these kindly revert.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajeev
Guna

Comments

• eYeeYe Member Posts: 168
    Hi

Related to this, I have the following problem (using NAV5):

Machine center is setup with a capacity of 5 and efficiency is 100%. Concurrent capacities = 5.

Having an 8 hour workday, the total capacity for that machine center is 40 hours (this is also reflected in the Planning Calendar)

Now, I add this machine center to a routing, runtime = 30min.
    This is the only operation on the routing. (Concurrent Capacities = 5, pulls through).

I create a production order for 20 of a specific item with this routing I just setup, on the prod. order line --> routing, the concurrent capacities = 5.

Now, if I only created 1 item using and my machine center capacities was set to 1, it would have taken me 30min to complete. If I wanted to produce 20, it would have taken 10hours. So if my capacity is 5, it should take 2 hours to complete the job, correct?

If I view the load on the machine center it indicates that I will use 10 hours to produce the 20, so if the order is set to finish 17h00 on 13/03/2008, production should start 15h00 on 12/03/2008.

Am I missing something? Why isn't the total production duration 2hours?
    Kind Regards,
    Ewald Venter