Navision 4.0 SP3 Native database - NODBC access problem.

RasmusriesRasmusries Member Posts: 2
Hello,

Iam running Navision 4.0 SP3 on server and clients.

I need to access the data in my native database by ODBC from excel.

I have installed first NODBC SP3, but found that SP3 cant read from tables with more than 255 fields, so I had to install NODBC SP2 instead.

So now I can connect to the database and also reach data.

My problem is that I want to read data from a specific table, but this table is showed 3 times in the table list when using ODBC from excel.

I cant seem to get any data out of either.

In navisions objectdesigner I can see that the table is only there once and has data in it.

Anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks in advance

Rasmus

Comments

• gjgarciasmgjgarciasm Member Posts: 47
    Hi,

I think that NODBC shows table caption instead of table name.

Check that you have not several tables with the same language used in NODBC setup.
  • frandefrande Member Posts: 17
    Hi Rasmus,

First of all the problem could be, that you proparly are running a Navision version 4 Service Pack 3 and using a NODBC driver for SP2.

Normally you should use a NODBC driver in the same version as your database is running.

That could be the problem - also if the SP3 has some limits.

However I have not had that problem myself before. But as gjgarciasm mentioned the NODBC shows the captions of tables & fields and not their names.
    Best regards,

Kristian
  • cschiffertcschiffert Member Posts: 4
    You can change the registry to all more than 255 fields.
    To resolve this problem, change the default setting for the Simba engine to use the maximum number of fields. To do this, change the MaxColSupport parameter in the ODBC.ini registry subkey by using Registry Editor as follows: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\<Sytem_DSN_Name>\MaxColSupport
    Note <Sytem_DSN_Name> is a placeholder for the actual data source name (DSN) that you use.
    3. Right-click MaxColSupport, and then click Modify.
    4. In the Value data field, specify a new value.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Exit Registry Editor.