Repeatedly corrupting Zup files for Terminal Services Users

CEDROWAN01CEDROWAN01 Member Posts: 10
Hi,

I'm supporting two organisations who use Nav 4.0 and Nav 4.3 respectively. Both Native. Both organisations have users who access Nav from 'regular' networked clients and also users who connect to Terminal Servers for access. TS sessions are on a Windows Server 2003 box.

At both organisations, the 'regular' networked clients are fine. The Terminal Services users are getting frozen screens and regularly corrupted zup files. The zup files are stored at a defined network location (using ID=).

At one of the organisations, they have several companies using seperate Nav installs. The TS users at all but one of the companies use Windows Server 2k. The other company uses Windows Server 2k3. This is the company having the trouble.

Anyone got any ideas?

- R

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    In Navision 4.0 before SP3 there were several problems with Zup files. Company that you are experiencing problems is the one don’t have installed any SP ?
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • CEDROWAN01CEDROWAN01 Member Posts: 10
    Sorry... The clients are on 4.0 native no service pack and 4.0 SP2. Can you advise what problems service pack 3 resolves?
    One is with navigation pane it can grow to full window. Another that I had experienced some times experienced was using TS 2000. Randomly when a remote client connected had run Navision appeared a full gray screen window. The only way to solve that was killing session and deleting and zup file.
    With SP3 I never got those errors.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
  • CEDROWAN01CEDROWAN01 Member Posts: 10
    nunomaia wrote:
    One is with navigation pane it can grow to full window. Another that I had experienced some times experienced was using TS 2000. Randomly when a remote client connected had run Navision appeared a full gray screen window. The only way to solve that was killing session and deleting and zup file.

Thanks for your reply.

Running TS 2003 at both setups. The problem at the organisation with Nav 4.0 Native is as described above. It only affects TS users.

The other organisation has an issue where the form/list/view that they are in (for example, Contact Card) will lock. They can navigate to any other form/list/view in Nav and work without problems (for example, Customer Card, Service Item Card, Purchase & Payables Setup), but must delete ZUP to get full functionality back. There is no specific form/list/view that this locks out on.

Any ideas?
    Has I said, upgrade the client to SP3.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    CEDROWAN01 wrote:
    nunomaia wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Running TS 2003 at both setups. The problem at the organisation with Nav 4.0 Native is as described above. It only affects TS users.

The other organisation has an issue where the form/list/view that they are in (for example, Contact Card) will lock. They can navigate to any other form/list/view in Nav and work without problems (for example, Customer Card, Service Item Card, Purchase & Payables Setup), but must delete ZUP to get full functionality back. There is no specific form/list/view that this locks out on.

Any ideas?
    we have the same environment, windows 2003 terminal server, navision 4.0 no service pack.

we get the form lock sometimes, and it happens when the user has a lot of forms open and he opens a look up list, such as the customer list and then switches to another form like a po. he might get a phone call or something, we use the CTRL F6 windows command to switch windows within navision until you get to the list that is locked, hit escape and it closes and everthing and he is magically unlocked.

for the zups, I set up a network share that all the zups reside on, and use the startup parameter ID=f:\%username% for the terminal server users, where F:\ is the mapped network share, this eliminated all the problems with zups corrupting, I also backup (not really backup, just copy to another directory) this directory, and when a user calls and says I can't get back my setting to how they were, I have them close navision, then copy the backup zup back into the directory and they are back to where they started the day at.