Options

Navision License Viewer v0.1.2.17

2»

Comments

• Options
    AlterantAlterant Member Posts: 19
    Hi. Fine tool, but it may be better :).

Could you please make an export feature on the "Permissions" tab.
  • Options
    magnsvanmagnsvan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Whenever I try to open a licensfile I get the errormessage "Error 2 in module 1" and the application closes down.

Regards
    Magnus
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    magnsvan wrote:
    Whenever I try to open a licensfile I get the errormessage "Error 2 in module 1" and the application closes down.
    Errors in module 1 come from the OS.
    You can get the meaning by typing
    C:\net helpmsg 2

In this case, the OS cannot find the file.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    GrobbyGrobby Member Posts: 1
    Very nice program! :D

However, when I try to view our own developer license with version 01217 of the viewer, it report

'
    ' is not a valid integer value

And it will not load the license. :?:

I have loaded other licenses with success.
  • Options
    jhoekjhoek Member Posts: 216
    Dear "Grobby",

If you would like me to modify the parsing logic so that it will also read your license, please send the license to jhoek at microsoft.com (I work for MBS in the Netherlands).
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    wicwic Member Posts: 96
    As you can imagine, we have several navision version installed. :shock: It seems to be a problem when you have a newest vesrion of cfront installed. Why does your applet not work with newer version of cfront? could it use a specified cfront file? (the one shipped with?)
    Thanx a lot, this applet could be very useful! :wink:
    #### Only one can survive ######
  • Options
    wic wrote:
    As you can imagine, we have several navision version installed. :shock: It seems to be a problem when you have a newest vesrion of cfront installed. Why does your applet not work with newer version of cfront? could it use a specified cfront file? (the one shipped with?)
    Thanx a lot, this applet could be very useful! :wink:

I think if you place all of the files that the application needs (i.e. cfront.dll and related files) in the same folder as nlv.exe, it should work fine. Please refer to the C/Front documentation on the Navision product CD to see which files you should copy from your Navision installation.
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    Is it possible to see the "expiration date" - the date the license is valid up to ? Or creation date and "duration period" ?
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    RobertMo wrote:
    Is it possible to see the "expiration date" - the date the license is valid up to ? Or creation date and "duration period" ?

If I'm not mistaken, licenses that expire usually contain a granule with an expiration date. My Navision License Viewer shows the expiration date of every granule within the license.
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    RobertMoRobertMo Member Posts: 484
    Well, I checked it, but all values in Expires column are empty. But when opening a flf with License Viewer it gives me a warning that license will expire in 5 days - this warning is in native language - Slovenian.

Also I cannot check some client licenses - it looks like it is version dependant - client uses NF2.60?

(Then it tries to open cronus.flf for default navision installation (i have more of them) and if not found, the application ends. ok this is not important)
               ®obi           
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Options
    It seems that the license viewer cannot handle the newest versions of license files.
    In the newest version the granule list has been droped due to space limit.
    Instead of the selected license it showes always the Cronus license.
    Timo Lässer
  • Options
    Is there any update availible in the next time :?:
    The license Viewer is a very very good tool but I can't use it with the newest license files :cry:
    Timo Lässer
  • Options
    zavitzavit Member Posts: 9
    Hi,
    I use the V0.1.2.17 with my programmer license. What do mean the Permissions RMDX on the Codeunit 12. I have thought it means I can read, modify, delete and execute the codeunit. But the reality is, I cannot modify it, this is possible only with a developer license.
    What is wrong or what is the meaning of the Permissions in relation to particular navision object types? Where can I found a description?
    Thanks.

Sorry, I already found out, what is the reason of such behaviour.
  • Options
    elias_kelias_k Member Posts: 11
    Hello there,

When I try to open a greek customer flf, I get the message:

CaseTable cannot contain 'A' more than once
    (translated from greek)
    there is a combination of the alphabet after that with small and CAPS in English and Greek.
    We have a and ά

Regards elias_k
    give me some time
  • Options
    I'm afraid I haven't seen that error before, and frankly, I don't have a clue how to fix it. :( Is there anybody that can help?
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    MEMMEM Member Posts: 57
    hy

I tried to use this exe file but I have always the same message "you don't have the right to use C Front...." ](*,) , I didn't understand our devlopper licence has the Cfront permission :?: .

please help

Best Regards
  • Options
    elias_kelias_k Member Posts: 11
    Hi there
    Really great app for what it promises
    But ,when I try to open a flf file, error appears: "You dont have permissions to execute C/FRONT system...."

It is a Greek Customer lisence file.
    thanks
    give me some time
  • Options
    For purposed like this, information about permissions can only be acquired using C/Front, so if you don't have the C/Front granule in the license, it cannot be used. Sorry!
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    bernajacbernajac Member Posts: 20
    Good Morning, I have downloaded the new Navision License Viewer v0.1.2.17 but when i run it, it tells me 2 things:
    1) Your program license has expired [which is not true]
    2) You do not have permissions to run the 'C/Front' System

Has anyone experienced the same?
  • Options
    At startup, C/Front searches for a license to use (even before you load a license into the viewer). I believe it uses to registry to find a license. In your case, apparently, the license C/Front finds has expired. Check your system for expired licenses, especially in the program folder of the latest Navision product you installed.

An expired license, or one without the C/Front granule, cannot be used with the License Viewer, as you can read in one of the earlier messages in this thread. I agree that the License Viewer should preferably fail more gracefully than it currently does, and hope to fix that in the future. Don't hold your breath, though, as my spare time, like everybody else's, is limited...
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    Hi Jan

Thanks for the info and will take a look at this. I always thought that it looks at the license in the directory that it was stored in, but will try to update all my fin.flf files on my laptop.

Thanks for the response
    Bernard
  • Options
    Updated al my licenses and it works for normal client licenses but when i use it with our Company license for Version 4 it says that my 'Granule ID' in not a valid integer value.

regards
    Bernard
  • Options
    Thommy_25Thommy_25 Member Posts: 1
    Hello!

I get this error when trying to open an license File:

Error 2 in Module 1

Any ideas what to do? I read about it some posts above but can somebody say where the program is looking for the license file??

Thanks! [-o<
  • Options
    rustrust Member Posts: 27
    hi i have hit the Internal Error 47-1

may i know how can i solve this problem

Thankx