Options

Navision -> Lotus Notes Connect error

tbrendeltbrendel Member Posts: 18
edited 2005-04-13 in Navision Financials
I would connect Navision with a Lotus Notes Database via the
odbc Driver of Navision and DECS in Lotus Notes.

in Lotus Notes i must choose the table from Navision, but i become
an errormessage

"Error:[Navision Software a/s][Navision Financials ODBC Driver]ISAM error, Connector 'odbc2', Method -Connect- (4)"

Have anyone experience in connecting Navision/Lotus Notes?
What are the meaning of this error?
Are there a list of errormessages from ODBC anywhere?

Comments

• Options
    Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    we had a similar problem wit Notes and Navision 2.01
    Changing the identifiers in the ODBC-Options to "a-z,A-Z,0-9,_" solved our problem. Hope it works with you too.
  • Options
    kukikuki Member Posts: 3
    we had a similar problem wit Notes and Navision 2.01
    Changing the identifiers in the ODBC-Options to "a-z,A-Z,0-9,_" solved our problem. Hope it works with you too.

Hi Chistian,
    we are experiencing the same Problem with a Navision to Notes ODBC Connection: "ISAM error" "Method: connect". Did you ever get an anser as to what this error means? Any help you can give us would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
  • Options
    Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    The ODBC-Settings means how the translation of characters should be handled while sent thru ODBC.
    For example the name or field "Customer Name" will be translated for ODBC use into "Customer_Name" as many programs can't handle names with spaces inside. Same is done with local characters like the german "äöü" which is translated into a,o,u.
    This is used even for translating table names. If you try to open a tybel like "kuki testtable" it won't work with wrong translation and you will get a connection error.

Other parameters to consider is how to handle a option field. You can select that options are represented by their order value (0,1,2,3 ..) or by the entered text. By text can cause problems if you change any option text or if you use the multilanguage features of Navision 3.x or higher.

Regards