Navision Financials 2.00 and Windows 2003 SP1 or SP2 ?

Rodolfo_GiovanninettiRodolfo_Giovanninetti Member Posts: 6
edited 2007-06-08 in Navision Financials
A customer of ours, an Italian company, has Navision Financials IT 2.00.F (IT 2.00.C) on a server with Windows 2003, no service pack. I would like to know if the server can be upgraded to service pack 1 or service pack 2. I am scared of upgrading this server, so I would like to be sure before installing a service pack, to be safe.

Thank You

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    A customer of ours, an Italian company, has Navision Financials IT 2.00.F (IT 2.00.C) on a server with Windows 2003, no service pack. I would like to know if the server can be upgraded to service pack 1 or service pack 2. I am scared of upgrading this server, so I would like to be sure before installing a service pack, to be safe.

Thank You

Rodolfo Giovanninetti

You are very much on an unsupported platform with this, and I can understand your reluctance to apply service packs. Also since it is an unsupported product, even if you get replies here that "it works fine for me", I would still do a lot o testing before committing to it.

I will say thought that generally compatibility on Servers has generally been much more stable than clients. So you "should be safe", but Really test this.

Also I guess you are no longer on Support is that correct? Otherwise an EXE upgrade would be the way to go.
    David Singleton
  • I do believe that You are right, the customer has not a valid support contract (or whatever it is called). When I setup that server, some years ago, it was their new server. So I setup Windows 2003 and then we setup Navision Financials. We did some tests and it worked. I was peaceful, since even if it did not work, in that moment it was only a test. But now, it is their production server! So, I hope that somebody can reply at least with "in my case it worked" or "in my case it did not work at all" or "in my case we had these problems and we had to do this to fix them".

Thank You very much again

Rodolfo Giovanninetti
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Will their license at least let them move up to the last version of 2.60 (G I think).

Probably its still not ideal, but should be better than 2.00.

2.00 by the way had a lot of issues that were fixed in 2.01.
    David Singleton