Options

Mistake table blocked by another user

Alexis_RodriguezAlexis_Rodriguez Member Posts: 3
edited 2003-09-18 in Navision Financials
I have a form that uses several tables as variable. This form is used in many computers at the same time, and in any moment gives me the following mistake " it is possible to neither to insert nor modify the table UNDEFINED because this blocked one for the user XXX ". I need to know if there is some way of solving this or possible maximum to avoid it it.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    yes there is... Delay write actions to those tables in the database as much as possible. You can do so for example by useing temp tables.

Save all the modifications the user makes in a temp table, when the user is finished write back all changes to the "normal" table at ones.
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    Alexis_RodriguezAlexis_Rodriguez Member Posts: 3
    In this case, using a temp table it would continue with the problem because all the users would continue being employed simultaneously at this temp table, and they would block it.

Thank you.
  • Options
    StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 99
    Hi Alexis

Temp Tables only exist on the user/Client machine, so the temp table cannot be locked by any other user. So as Emiel has said that when the user finishes at updates the Actual tables, this should cut down on the number of Table locks.
    Answer the question and wait for the answer.
  • Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    just to be sure you know what a temp table is... This is a variable of type record with the property temparary set to yes.
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."