Miscalculation on a tabular form

dulamandulaman Member Posts: 73
Hello,

I'm facing a little but very nasty problem with a table-shaped form. I've got a function that I'm using to calculate one of the column/fields and everything goes OK. The funny thing is that if I move the focus downwards, my calculated field is right but if I move the focus upwards, the calculated field drives crazy!

I should mention that the real problem is just on displaying because when I copy & paste the form into an Excel sheet, all pasted data is perfect.

I don't want to convert my form into a report because my customer required me a form specifically and I can't "freeze" the whole form making it unfocusable because they still need to scroll down (BTW if I scroll down too far, the calculated column goes wrong again).

What can I do?
-- dulaman
"I don't want to believe. I want to know." (Carl Sagan)

Comments

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    Hi,

That problem occurs because you manually calculate a form variable for every record and show that variable as a column on the form...

I suggest if you are able to, to make that function a calculated field on the table... That way you will not have any problems on the form...
  • dulamandulaman Member Posts: 73
    Hello Arhontis

Please excuse my terrible delay on replying your message, I didn't realize that someone had answered me! :oops:

Yes, I know WHY I'm having problems in my form, but I cannot create a calculated field for that column -- I wish I could... but I can't!!

What I was trying to do was a three-column form: debit amount, credit amount and balance. This balance should be the classic "accumulated" balance that you can easily create in Excel: last balance + credit amount - debit amount. Of course the first line must have a different formula: credit amount - debit amount.

It sound really complicated -- well... IT IS!! I was just wondering if there was any kind of easy solution -- that kind that the smart guys around this forum use to give away. 8)

Anyway, if I find a solution I'll post it here.
    -- dulaman
    "I don't want to believe. I want to know." (Carl Sagan)