Permissions related query

chrispaulchrispaul Member Posts: 174
Dear All

I am a technical consultant in one of a company in Bangalore , Unfortunately EDP head in my project has changed some values in permission table which is giving errors b'coz of that , i have a back up , as an alternate i am trying to copy the data in permission table for which i need to delete all the values in Live DB but it is giving an error that permissions for super user can't be deleted , please guide me if you can help me ?

Comments

• ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 667
    You can't delete the SUPER role permissions... You could place a filter on that table '<>SUPER' on the "Role ID" field and delete all the rest...

And from the other database you place the same filter and copy the permissions (except the of the SUPER role) and paste it into your table.

Execute a Synchronize all (if you use sql) and that's it...

Maybe you could copy paste the permissions of each database to txt files and make a comparison to see what is the difference between the productive database and the backup database. That way you might don't have to synchronize everyone (in SQL might take a lot of time)...

I hope that helps you a bit...
  • tameemabdullahtameemabdullah Member Posts: 17
    Hi there,

I am having a similar problem relating to the permissions table and the super user role. Somehow these ingenious clients have created two extra roles to the super user with the option '6' and '7'. I can not delete them because I get the error - "Permissions for the SUPER user can not be changed"

I need to delete them because when I try to restore a backup from this db it crashes out with the same error.

These are the roles from the permission table.
    Navision Attain 3.6
    C/SIDE db

SUPER Table 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    SUPER Form 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    SUPER Report 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    SUPER Dataport 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    SUPER Codeunit 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    SUPER 6 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    SUPER 7 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
    SUPER System 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Someone converted that database to version 4.0 or newer. Those numbers 6 and 7 relate to XMLPorts and Menusuites, neither of which existed in 3.6.
  • tameemabdullahtameemabdullah Member Posts: 17
    Thanks dude,

I restored it back into the existing 3.6 db and not a new db and it worked fine because it did not have to create the Permissions table again. Or I probably could have tried an application backup.

cheers