Renumbering Fields and data migration

raieesraiees Member Posts: 33
Hi,
I have to upgrade version 3.7 US vesion to 4.0.003 GB version, but database contains US specific information 10000 series, client wants to retain all data value. through renumbering tool, we can renumber all objects but how the fields should be renumbered, these series has more than 130 fields in many tables, for example vendor table has a field
10016 Federal ID No. Text 30
I need to renumber all fields and objects to 60000 series and how can I migrate those data to our new fields? ](*,)
Please Suggest....
Thank in advance

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Remumbering the fields is something you will have to do manually.
    For transferring the fields to the new fields you have some things to do.

For upgrading, you will need to do some things just before importing the new objects into the DB (one of the points in the upgradetoolkit).
    -Import tables in which you have BOTH the old fieldnumbers AND the new fieldnumbers. The new fields need to have other names of course.
    -You need to run a codeunit (or report) that transfers the values in the old fields into the new fields and deletes the values in the old fields.
    -After this, you can import the new objects WITHOUT the old fields in it. And because the old fields are empty, Navision will let you import them.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• raieesraiees Member Posts: 33
    Thanks Kiriki,
    I will do the same as you have described.
    Regards
    Raiees
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Why do you need to renumber those fields?
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    Perhaps it is a license conflict. He want to upgrade from US version to GB version.
  • raieesraiees Member Posts: 33
    yes, stardust is right. problem with licence so i need to change the field no 10000 series (US) to 60000 series