Issue: Array Text spilling out onto following line

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello All,

I have the following issue I cannot seem to figure out - An 8 element array for a customer address seems to be spilling out on the next line after the address text reaches a certain length.

For example the following happens (see bold area):

Peter Smith
John Jacob Jinglhiemer Schmidt Avenue
midt Avenue
9999 Somewhere
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Somewhere, there is a length set that's cutting this off. The current issue shows up on Report 10072 Customer Statement. (but this may be customized for my place of business)

The array is only referred to in code as follows:

FormatAddress.Customer(CustomerAddress,Customer);
StatementComplete := FALSE;

The array is represented in sections as follows:

CustomerAddress[1]
CustomerAddress[2]
CustomerAddress[3]
etc...

I tried many things in our test environment and couldn't seem to figure this out...any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much - gadzilla1

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Please, can you check the fields "Name", "Name 2", "Address" and "Address 2" and "Contact Name" on the customer card? (or can you post us the values? - but think about privacy) It seems like some field is filled with that values...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Thank you Kamil. I did not see your post, my apologies for not replying sooner.

I figured this one out a few weeks ago...the issue was not related to the array, but rather involved values spilled over to the 'name 2' filled left over from the implementation. :)

I assumed that it was array-related from the get-go and did not check the data FIRST. ](*,)

A great learning experience! Thanks - gad1
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    :-) You are welcome...

I have list of priorities when checking some problem:

1) It is user fault (wrong data, wrong usage)
    2) It is another user fault (wrong historical data, wrong usage in history etc.)
    3) It is another developer fault (some bug in code, wrong initial data etc.)
    4) It is your fault (overlooked wrong data, overlooked user fault etc.)
    5) It is your fault (wrong code, wrong data created by you...)

(best is to start refuting the points from 1 to 5)

8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    That's very funny stuff, thank you for the humor in an otherwise stressful day! :D

Have a great day - gad1