Cannot established connection between Outlook and NAV5.00

bestianhowbestianhow Member Posts: 120
Hi,
I have encounter problem when i press "Test Connection" (Outlook -> Settings -> Connection Tab).

Error Message :
The connection to "" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:
Connect Execute: Couldn't connect or open the database, verified the database exist, server name is correct and connect database is closed before connecting. If multiple Dynamics NAV version are installed, then remember to set the NavisionPath to the correct client files. Error thrown is : Error code: 15990790 - Error message: The TCP/IP connection's host is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).
You can see how to make changes to your 'host' and 'services' files in the documentation for the network. Conact your system manager if you need assistance.
Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact you system administrator.
I have installed my Navision Database Server and Application Server with correctly. And, services alsp started.
I still cannot Connect the from Outlook to Navision

Comments

• NachoNacho Member Posts: 18
    Hello

I Have the same problem.

Any idea?

Thanks
  • MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
    I have same problem too! In 2 installations.

Both are in a native NAV server. If you can try in a SQL server, this error don´t appear.

I supose is related to the TCPS nettype, because the error message is the same if you try to connect a NAV client, and you forget it, and try to connect with the Nettype=TCPS (now is the first option!! :x ).

Anyone solved it?

Thanks
  • ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    If you are using Navision in Native mode; then you must configure outlook.exe.config file.

You can find that file in the program files or wherever you have outlook.exe; so in the same folder you will outlook.exe.config file.

Open the file and search for 'NativeTcps', it should be under key 'NativeProtocolType'.

Change 'NativeTcps' to 'NativeTcp' and it will work.

Thanks and Regards,
  • ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    Or if you have 2 native servers at ur machine; then you have to modify Hosts file.
  • TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    ckndr47 wrote:
    If you are using Navision in Native mode; then you must configure outlook.exe.config file.

You can find that file in the program files or wherever you have outlook.exe; so in the same folder you will outlook.exe.config file.

Open the file and search for 'NativeTcps', it should be under key 'NativeProtocolType'.

Change 'NativeTcps' to 'NativeTcp' and it will work.

Thanks and Regards,

NAV5 native database. Installed in default location. Settings for NativeProtocalType is NativeTcp. On NAS it is TCP/IP. However on TEST connection, I am getting error message:
    ---------------------------
    A Microsoft Dynamics NAV Synchronization Add-in Error Occurred
    The connection to "TOMASZ" Microsoft Dynamics NAV database failed. The program returned the following error:	
    GetCompaniesList error: Couldn't connect or open the database, verified that database exist, servername is correct and connection and database is closed before connecting. If multiple Dynamics NAV versions are installed, then remember to set the NavisionPath to the correct client files.  Error thrown is : Error Code: 15990790 - Error Message: The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).

You can see how to make changes to your 'hosts' and 'services' files in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need assistance.
     connection string:  	
    Please verify your synchronization settings. If the problem persists contact your system administrator.
    OK   

any ideas?