Unit Cost in BOM Journal - for late-invoiced PO

RodriguezRodriguez Member Posts: 20
Hi all,

I've tried to search for discussions on this issue, but no luck. Has anyone of you found a case in which we create BOM Journal, however the BOM/Item Components is not yet Invoiced (i.e:Purchase Invoice). When we post the Purchase Invoice and run Adjust-Cost Item Entries batch job. The ASSEMBLED/Finished goods unit cost is not adjusted.
How can we solve this?

Thx,
Rodriguez

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    This is a known issue in version 2.x and 3.x. What version are you using?
  • RodriguezRodriguez Member Posts: 20
    Sorry all/Alex, I'm using ver. 4.0 SP01... Guess I'm outta my mind ](*,) (should've posted this in Navision forum instead.. my bad...)

Thx
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Rodriguez wrote:
    Sorry all/Alex, I'm using ver. 4.0 SP01... Guess I'm outta my mind ](*,) (should've posted this in Navision forum instead.. my bad...)

Thx

Moderator at your service 8)

[Topic moved from Navision Financials forum to Navision forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Hmm.. I was under the impression that this problem was fixed in 4.0... :-k
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    this is still a problem in 4.x versions. NA version of 5.0 have a "kitting" functionality for this.. i searched the code of kitting objects. as far as i remember, solution is to make system create finished production orders automatically after posting kitting lines so the rest is under responsibility of standard costing calculation...

anyway, when i come up with this problem, i decided to do some changes in the system to solve it.. kitting functionality were not seemed useful to me, so i changed cu 22 and cu 5895 objects in the way of what system does for production order costing....and it works perfect for one of my clients.. i changed and added lots of lines of code...so in the forum, it is not easy to explain the changes that you must do...
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Alex Chow wrote:
    This is a known issue in version 2.x and 3.x. What version are you using?

I know that the issue was around till 2.60, but I thought it had its first fix in 3.01, and finally resolved by 3.70. So as Alex says you should not see this in 4.00. Have you had an upgrade or did you Go-Live with 4.00?
    David Singleton
  • ayhan06ayhan06 Member Posts: 210
    one day, when my friend said that nav does not forward adjusted costs to the produced item in bom transactions, i said "no, nav does that.i am sure" because i had tested with one version of 3.70.. it has been fixed in one version of 3.70.... but now, it is still a problem in 4.0 versions..so that's why i need some coding and NA localization has Kitting functionality.
    I know the problem was resolved in 3.7x forward. However, versions prior to 3.7x had this problem.

If it's still a problem in 4.0, please report this to Microsoft directly so it can be addressed for everyone.
  • ecclecticecclectic Member Posts: 176
    just tested. doesn't seem to me it has been fixed in 3.7.

any idea about how to solve it?

i am thinking of generating an additional value entry and letting navision (post inventory cost to g/l) post the required entries in g/l. but i don't like the idea very much. would much rather have a fix from microsoft.
  • ecclecticecclectic Member Posts: 176
    ecclectic wrote:
    just tested. doesn't seem to me it has been fixed in 3.7.

any idea about how to solve it?

i am thinking of generating an additional value entry and letting navision (post inventory cost to g/l) post the required entries in g/l. but i don't like the idea very much. would much rather have a fix from microsoft.

any suggestions?