Options

Strange Navision Encounter. (BCK/Rest/Upgrade issue)

jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
edited 2007-05-28 in SQL General
Hi,

I have a very, very strange encounter with Navision 3.7 today.

Ok, here's the story.

I have a customer with SQL2000, Navision 3.7. What happen is, they have to migrate their SQL2000 to another server. So I backup (Navision backup) from the old SQL2000, and restore it (Navision restore) to the new SQL2000. I restore it to two database (a LIVE - DB1 and a backup - DB2)

A week later, which is today, I want to upgrade this customer database to 4.0. So I run another backup (Navision backup) on the new SQL2000. I have already prepared the merged objects, and test the upgrade on my environment.

Here comes the strange thing.

Problem 1.
When trying to backup the DB1 (Navision backup) I encountered an error which says a field (Tax Liable) in the G/L Entry table contains invalid data (the field type is boolean, SQL bit - but I use SQL query and see that a particular entry, has the value of 2 in this field!!)
I checked through the other database restored a week ago (DB2), and found that particular entry has the value of 0 in the Tax Liable field.
So confidently I manually changed the value to 0. Just to note, the G/L Entry was a system generated entry, and belongs to a Purchase Invoice.

Problem 2.
When re-trying to backup the DB1, I encountered another error, which says a field (can't remember what field, if I'm not wrong is Shipment Date) in the Sales Invoice Line table contains invalid data (a date with a fraction)

Problem 3.
After 'solving' problem 1, I ran the DB Test Maximum, and found that there is an inconsistency on the Sales Invoice Line table.

Here's the dump:
Error: The following SQL Server error(s) occurred: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Table error: Object ID 306100131, Index ID 5. Keys out of order on page (3:189337), slots 103 and 104.
Error: The following SQL Server error(s) occurred: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]CHECKTABLE found 0 allocation errors and 1 consistency errors in table '(Live) Digital Asia$Sales Invoice Line' (object ID 306100131).
Error: The following SQL Server error(s) occurred: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]repair_rebuild is the minimum repair level for the errors found by DBCC CHECKTABLE (DANAV37SG.dbo.(Live) Digital Asia$Sales Invoice Line ).

Alright, that's all my ramblings for now. I am doing SQL backup in DB1, and try to restore to another DB and doing the test on that again since DB1 is a LIVE database and the users are using it. Will try to run the Repair_Rebuild on that DB.

Any opinion? suggestion? input? anything?

Rgds,

Jon.
Rgds,

Jon.

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    [Topic moved from Navision forum to SQL General forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!