Crash

Navi_LearnerNavi_Learner Member Posts: 356
One sale enered each sales order, and when prints it out, the sytem crashes. His computer ram is 1 GB. What caused this problem? Thanks!

Comments

• jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Well, that's not much data, but I would simply guess that there might be a printer problem - either no default printer assigned or a very strange printer driver.

with best regards

Jens
  • Navi_LearnerNavi_Learner Member Posts: 356
    Yes, he has default printer installed.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    try to print any other report.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Try deleting fin.zup...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    We have network printer installed. Does it have any special requirement for the printer? It seems that this problem often happens to somebody else . But this time this problem is very serious.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Did you at least try the suggestions above?
    If so what was the result?
    Does it have any special requirement for the printer?

Does what have special requirements?
    Is it just that one machine crashing on printing?
    Have you tried to reinstall the printer driver?
    :sick:
    Thank you for all your help! Yes, I deleted the fin.zup file. I tried to print the sales order from the other printer, but it is still the same problem. It happens when he enters the new sales order and prints out, but if it is the old sales order, everything is fine. We are very frustrated and don't know what to do.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    call your NSC and ask them to take a look at it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    It seems that it is hard for them to find this problem out too. We delete the the printer drive and installed the new one, but it is the same. We have done some modifcations on the sales order: adding new fields and new tabs. Could it arouse this problem?
  • wirtnixwirtnix Member Posts: 50
    can the user print anything else? for example EXCEL-sheets? if not, then the problem is not within navision.
    He didn't print anything just the sales order.
    He didn't print anything just the sales order.

The question was can he print ANYTHING else? ](*,)

in other words "try to print something else" a web page, a word doc, an excel doc, print screen button...anything.
    Yes, he can print anything including the existing sales order but not new one when entered the system
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    I suspect is nothing wrong with the printer driver. It should be some error due to the new fields and tabs added.
    Thank you for all your reply! Stardust77, if it is the reason of new fields and tabs added, why it happens to that particular computer, and everything is fine. Do you know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance!
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    Please try to uninstall and afterward reinstall the Navision client on this computer alone, and see if the error is still happening.

Have also a look in the Event Viewer on this computer to see if any errors are recorded in the moment when Navision crashes.
    We really don't what happened. Recently it happened often to other computers when new order is printed out right after it is entered to the system. I tried to view the error from the event viewer, but the event ID cannot be found. Can anyone help? Very appreciated!
  • ufukufuk Member Posts: 514
    Have you tried to delete the new fields, tabs etc. (I don't think it could be the reason but worth to try to find the reasl reason) and then print?
    Ufuk Asci
    Pargesoft
    Thank you for your suggestion! But at this time I cannot delete anything since everyone is using it. Is there any limited tab ristriction in Navision. Thanks!
    Thank you for your suggestion! But at this time I cannot delete anything since everyone is using it. Is there any limited tab ristriction in Navision. Thanks!

You don't have a backup or test environment where you can try the above suggestion?
    This just happens to this particular computer this time. I tested some other computers and they are fine. I tried what I can, but cannot resolve it. Thanks!