Options

Close By Entry Field on the Cust. Ledger Entry Table

sennasenna Member Posts: 44
edited 2012-07-09 in Navision Attain
I am querying a problem that I have replicated in both 3.10 and 3.70 where based off how a payment is allocated to an invoice, I have found instances where the Close By Entry, Close by Date, Close by Amount are all left blank when you look at the entries in the Cust. Ledg Entry Table.

The method i am using to allocate payment is as follows :

1. Cash Receipt Journal - post payment in respect of an invoice (but not allocated at this stage).

2. Cust Card > Cust Ledg Entries > Apply Entries then locate the invoice and Post Application. (this would be at a later date when it had been identified what invoices matched the payment).

For info the customers used in these examples have their Payment Allocation set to 'Manual'

I just don't understand why the fields are left blank in the Cust. Ledger Entry Table when it is clear they have been closed off and applied to an existing entry.

Anyone with any knowledge about this, please reply to the post with any comments :D

Thanks in advance! :P

Comments

• Options
    mpegukmpeguk Member Posts: 17
    I have entries which are closed and the 'Closed by Date' and 'Closed by Entry No.' fields are blank

...noticed that payment/credit memo entries are always blank? I'm not a finance expert but that seems to be standard.

What is confusing me is the closed 'invoice' lines which have zero value, nothing applied and have 'closed by date' = blank ??