Currency Rednomination

boskybosky Member Posts: 4
The Currency of Ghana is being re-denominated...That means all the clients we have provided Navision with will have to be reconfigured...

Can anyone suggest an easier way to deal with this issue?
](*,)

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    Where is the problem ?
    Do you want to change the description ?
    Ghana Currency is LCY ?
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    Maybe you can adapt the Euro Conversion Tool from partnersource. This runs through all master tables ( i.e. item ) with LCY amount fields and divides them by a defined currency factor. The tables with currency fields (i.e. Sales Price ) which were in old LCY will get the old currency code in the conversion process, the new entries in the new LCY will then be without currency code.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • boskybosky Member Posts: 4
    Thanks a lot for that post...Will try to download the Tool and see if it meets our requirements [-o<
  • Stardust77Stardust77 Member Posts: 95
    You may need to keep the history in the old currency, and in this case, I would reccomend you to start a new company, in which you should transfer only the open invoices, or the starting balance. Anyhow, after you export the data from the old company, do not forget to divide all the amounts by the denomination factor.
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    Stardust77 wrote:
    You may need to keep the history in the old currency,
    The Euro Conversion Tool provides Historical Ledger Tables for all Ledger Tables, to which the original state of the record set before the conversion can be copied if needed.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • boskybosky Member Posts: 4
    Finally we managed to downlad the Euro Conversion Tool but we can not seem to get it working. everytime we execute it it gives us an error Table 715 missing.

Has anyone faced this error before? Is this table downloadable from some place?

:-k