Opening Accounting period inDynamics-NAV 5.00

Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
Hi there,

I'm having a problem when opening the accounting period in Dynamics-NAV 5.00. A message appears:

(There is no accounting period within the filter.
Filters: starting date:>=")

This is only when I try to open the accounting period in a new company. When creating a new company there is no accounting period created yet. Nevertheless I found this code by the debugger:

(IsInvtPeriodClosed(EndingDate)
AccPeriod.SETFILTER("Starting Date",'>=%1',EndingDate);
AccPeriod.FINDFIRST;
IF AccPeriod.NEXT <> 0 THEN
EndingDate := CALCDATE('<-1D>',AccPeriod."Starting Date");

SETFILTER("Ending Date",'>=%1',EndingDate);
SETRANGE(Closed,TRUE);
EXIT(NOT ISEMPTY);)

The first code is filtering (Code filtration) on the starting date of the accounting period which must be >= the ending date (this what the code means) but when there is no accounting period defined yet (which is logic since it is a new company and I'm not able to define accounting period because of the error message) the program shows the error message. But when I go to the database and add a new accounting period in the accounting period table, then I can open the accounting period. Any help will be greatly appreciated on this issue.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Best Regards

Comments

• S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
    Hi,

I have the same pb like you.
    Now i don't have a good solution for this but i have a way to do.
    You can go to the objects designer run report 93 to so this.

I tried to use the setup checklist to copy but i have pb record already exists. It's the crazy thing in NAV 5.0.

When i open the table 50 trigger OnInsert, there is a new thing : UpdateAvgItems(1). This call the counit 5810 with 1 to Insert the reocrd
    and we have func. Insert in the OnInsert.----> Bug
    ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

About the pb you said, the pb comes from the field Inventory Period Closed, it's temp field on the form 100 , they call a func in table 5814 and always have a error messg.
    Waste much time to Accounting Period.
    I hate V5.0 :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug: :bug:
  • Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
    Hi S0918423470,

Thank you for your reply.
    So the bottom line here that we are facing a big annoying bad bug ](*,).
    Did you refer to Microsoft to tell them or ask them about this? because I did and till this very moment I received no reply (it has been more than a week now). Another thing is there a specific e-mail in Microsoft to where we can send this annoying bug? Anybody? Please [-o<
  • StaminosStaminos Member Posts: 68
    Hi,

Code to add in top of function :

IF EndingDate = 0D THEN
    EXIT(FALSE);
  • bestianhowbestianhow Member Posts: 120
    I think microsoft not cater for new company. Actually i also facing the same problem. :(
  • zutzuzutzu Member Posts: 86
    Uf!
    I had the same problem.

Thanks!
  • sonvdbsonvdb Member Posts: 33
    I got the same :bug: !

Below is what I did, let say I want to create fiscal years from 2007 to 2009:

1, Run Accounting Period table in Object Designer.
    2, Enter 01/01/06, and then close the table.
    3, Run Acounting Period form.
    4, Choose Create Year function to create year of 2006, then 2007, then 2008, then 2009.
    5, Delete entries of year 2006.

Hope this help!