Printing problem

bsavcbsavc Member Posts: 3
Reports in Navision 4.01 on one installation is problematic. We have system of 30 users and all of them have no problems. But this one user always gets reports on more pages than others (looks like bad page settings). The mistake is visible on print preview already.

It is not printer issue (all printers works the same on this computer) and it's not user settings (the same user on different machine works correctly).

What else could I check?

Please help,
Boris
Slovenia

Comments

• ArjanLArjanL Member Posts: 23
    I'd look in printerdriver settings. Paperformat, margins etc.
  • bsavcbsavc Member Posts: 3
    It was the updates. I've installed them and now printing works like a charm!
  • squallwongsquallwong Member Posts: 3
    My clients face same problem too, anyone can help? :(
    Squall Wong
  • geri79geri79 Member Posts: 105
    Hello,

I am facing the same problem. We updated from 3.01 to 4.0 SP2 and the report has strange page breaks. I tried different printers and different reports (Offers, Orders, Posted Bills, custimized and original NAV reports) and all have the same problem.

There is space on a page for maybe 10 lines and in Nav3.01 this 10 lines are used.
    In 4.0SP2 the same report on the same printer is spread over 5 pages.
    If I change the TopMargin from 1000 to 10 it prints 2 lines more per page but still not 10. In the debugger I couldn't see the "page break" so I guess it es s.th. with the printer driver but to be honest: I have no idea!

@Boris: What do you mean with "the updates"

PS: Different printers show different results. For example not only 2 but 3 or 4 lines. But never 10 like before and like there is empty space on the page.

Thank you all

geri79
    geri
  • geri79geri79 Member Posts: 105
    My solution centre proveded me a Hotfix for SP2 to fix thiese problems.
    I cant't tell you its name or id, but Hotfix for printing problem SP2 should be enough.
    My questions are solved.
    geri