rounding numbers on reports

cedruscedrus Member Posts: 15
Hello,
Maybe this question has already been answered (is so, my apologies), but I am yet to find it on the forum.
I'm having some problems with the rouding of numbers on reports.
The unit price is set at 4 decimal places in the item table, but when I put them on my report, the displayed rounding varies from 2 decimal positions to 4 decimal positions (for the same field). Even when getting the data directly from the Item table using C/AL, a field with 4 decimal positions is rounded to 3 decimal positions (displayed value of field through message box to see what value was passed).
Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Kind Regards,
Jeroen

Answers

• ArjanLArjanL Member Posts: 23
    Set the decimal places to 4:4 for that field in the report.
    Then that field will allways show 4 digits even when none or 2 are needed.
  • cedruscedrus Member Posts: 15
    thanks for the reply Arjan,
    the field on the report was already set to 4:4 decimal places (should have mentioned that, mea culpa), even then, I'm not getting 4 digits.
    Regards,
    Jeroen
  • slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    hi
    Were you able to find a solution for this problem? we also face a similar problem. We set the decimal values to 4 application wide. But, ant to print 2 decimals only on selected reports.

Is this possible? Setting the Decimalplaces to 2:2 of Unit Price in report property doesn't seem to solve the problem.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • cedruscedrus Member Posts: 15
    We have solved it in following way:
    Be sure that you have no postings in your G/L, otherwise you won't be able to make the changes...
    1. Go to "General Ledger Setup"
    -Invoice rounding precision=0.01
    -Amount rounding precision = 0.01
    -Unit-Amount rounding precision = 0.0001
    2. Go To table "Currency"
    Here you change the same values, but then applied to your currency and/or the other currencies.

This will give you unit prices on 4 decimals, line totals/amounts on 2 decimals and invoice total also on 2 decimals.

Hope this was helpful.
    Regards & good luck,
    Jeroen