E-Mails

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Hi Everybody,

I need help with the Emails. To say the truth I haven't got any idea of how to set Navision to be able to send emails. I have read quite a lot from mibuso but I must admit that I haven't found the right solution. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    I am not a programmer, so I am not going to be able to provide a solution, but neither is anybody else. Please explain your question with more detail.

out the solutions you have read on the forum, how do they not meet your needs, what are your needs, are you trying to send email notifications for completed sales orders. or mayby you want to be able to email a purchase order to a vendor. or maybe you want to email your customer statements each month.

but from your post we really have no idea what you are looking for.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Emails can be send through MS Outlook (see Codeunit 397 Mail)
    2) Or you can use some SMTP module for that - search for JMail or SMTP Mail on forum and in download section.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • deltoiddeltoid Member Posts: 41
    Create a variable of the codeunit 397.

Mail.NewMessage(ToName,CCName,Subject,Body,AttachFileName,OpenDialog);

If you don't have a CC or attachment just leave them blank (''). The open dialog basically means if you want it to send the e-mail automatically or not. Use the value FALSE to auto send the email and TRUE if you want it to open and sit there for the user to edit before sending.
  • KimKim Member Posts: 85
    Use Codeunit 397 Mail -Use Navision 4.0 SP2.

Ensure that you have setup Microsoft Office Outlook as default mail and also
    have a working a profile-Latest version would be better MS Office Outlook 2003

Use this code

Mail.NewMessage('E-Mail Address','Cc E-Mail Address',
    'Subject' ,'MessageBody','',FALSE) ;

Declare Mail as Codeunit 397

You can also Search the forum :arrow: <Mail Code Unit 397>
    there are lots of helpful info
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    Dear All,

I have got a problem with the emails again. I have used the above code of the mail.newmessage which you have suggested above and it has worked perfectly for some time. For some strange reason all of a sudden it simply stopped sending emails without any error messages or anything of the sort.

I have been checking the code all over again but to no avail. I have tested the same coding on both Navision SP3 and Sp2 but while the SP3 is working fine still the SP2 is simply not sending any emails. The line of code is the following:
    MailModule.NewMessage('***@***.com,'','NAV - Interaction Logs',EmailBody,'',FALSE);

MailModule is codeunit Mail.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

Regards,

Stephen
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    I have uninstalled the Microsoft Office and re-installed it and the code has worked properly. Does anyone has a realistic reason for this? I was thinking that maybe an update patch may for some reason or another disrupt the email sending. Could this be a plausible cause?